Hasegawa 1:48 Mitsubishi A6M5 Zero (Captured Pt.2)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Went through the Hasegawa kit instructions starting from the first A6M5 and its there from the get-go but no mention of batteries. I'm not sure if the fuselage differed from earlier variants but if they are the same, this could have come from an A6M2 or 3 kit. Anyhoo.....appendages added

IMG_0001.JPG

Looking good George, no Idea what that circled area was included for, as you said, serves no purpose what so ever.....the later newer versions of the A6M5 series don't have that rear "plastic' at all.

Masks arrived while I was in camp and I'm just starting to attach them. Once again I noticed a poor fit. I checked the packaging to make sure I hadn't ordered a Tamiya set by mistake but no, the header says for Hasegawa. I now notice that the masks are for clear parts G1, G2 and G3.; my kit has parts G4, G5 and G6....WTF!!!! Off to Scalemates..................My kit was a 1995 rebox of the original 1982 kit and contains clear parts G4, G5 and G6. We go to 2012 and find new clear parts G1, G2 and G3 have now been added. Odd about the part numbering sequence and would have been nice if this was mentioned by Eduard as there are 29 reboxings of the kit between the original and the 2012 offering that the masks won't fit properly. Anyhoo....I'll finish with the masks and amend later on

Masks done and Tamiya XF-11, J.N. Green. I made gosh darned sure that I would short myself on the green crosses. Drying over night and then I'll add the cross masks and spray the white. One of the photos shows that the moving surfaces were only lightly sprayed over.

IMG_0006.JPG

IMG_0007.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back