Hasegawa Hans Joachim Marseille BF109G-2 1/48 Scale Kit 09952 reviews? opinions

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Totalize

Tech Sergeant
Hi Guys,

I am interested in purchasing this kit. Does anyone know of any reviews of this kit. What is the general opinion of it. Also, how does it compare to the 1/32 scale version which is out of production.

David.

It is a limited reissue of the Hasegawa known 1/48 scale Bf109G-2 Trop kit with decals for the H.J. Marseille's Yellow 14.

130702-10189.jpg

Hasegawa 1/48 Bf-109G-2 'Karayaherz', by Scott Van Aken

Messerschmitt Bf 109G-2 by Larry Goodall (Hasegawa 1/48)

Messerschmitt Bf 109G-2 Trop (Plastic model) Contents1

101203-10849.jpg

IIRC, it is a fine kit with no fit problems. I seem to remember an umbrella set up provided for a diorama situation. The umbrella was used to keep the cockpit shaded while at readiness.

Well the box art for a "Marseilles G-2" is utter b*llocks.

Here's a comment on it from GR Morrisson.

" -- it's a fabrication, based on the appearance of his last Bf 109F-4, WNr.8673. Marseille's fatal Bf 109G-2 WNr.14256 had not yet received markings -- the loss report clearly states "ohne Kennung" -- without a code number."

Cheers

Steve

Well the box art for a "Marseilles G-2" is utter b*llocks.

Here's a comment on it from GR Morrisson.

" -- it's a fabrication, based on the appearance of his last Bf 109F-4, WNr.8673. Marseille's fatal Bf 109G-2 WNr.14256 had not yet received markings -- the loss report clearly states "ohne Kennung" -- without a code number."

Cheers

Steve

Steve,

So his G-2 would not have had his kill markings or number 14? Didn't he shoot down like 7 planes in a G-2? What markings would these aircraft have if any?

Dave.

Last edited:
I would like to build the 1/32 scale F4 but it's next to impossible to find and it might be too big to display in my surroundings. Is there an excellent F4/trop in 1/48 scale and some Marseille decals that could be had??

Steve,

So his G-2 would not have had his kill markings or number 14? Didn't he shoot down like 7 planes in a G-2? What markings would these aircraft have if any?

Dave.

The only evidence is one photograph, purporting to be the wreckage, which shows nothing and the loss report. The latter states clearly that no code had been applied.
The stammkennzeichen, which I don't know anyway, should have been removed, otherwise the aircraft should have been as delivered..
Cheers
Steve

4 letter factory code issued at the production plant.

Exactly. The four letter code was also the aircraft's radio call sign. The code stayed with the aircraft throughout its life and is sometimes found written or inscribed in other areas of the airframe or on items associated with that aircraft.

IMG_0707_zpsfc7a11d5.gif

Officially the markings were only carried for the duration of the ferry flight or flights and were to be "washed of immediately" upon the aircraft's arrival at its destination. This did not always happen, nor did units always report delivery of aircraft within the official three day window. Africa is a long way from Berlin :)

Cheers

Steve

Might be best to build the F4 version. Seems like that was Marseille's favoured version. There are a number of Hasegawa F4 kits in 1/48 scale for Marseille. Is there one that is recommended over the others? or they just re-releases of essentially the same kit. ie. same mold.

I have the Zveda BF109F-2 and its suppose to be an excellent kit. I suspect their -F4 would be as good.

Last edited:
I've built a couple of the Hasegawa 1/48 109 kits, it's not my normal scale.. They are good kits and go together well.

The Zveda kit is generally accepted to be the most accurate of all. I haven't built one so I can't comment on building it. Personally a millimetre here or there doesn't bother me, so for me at least it's a moot point :)

Cheers

Steve

the Hasegawa one fits together nice, the wing root has a slight issue, but all is well :D when finally built :D

Wayne's got one. I think we need to threaten him.

No violence please....:D

yes I have the F-2 and the F-4, i must say it/they are better than the hasegawa kits (still good though!), a few small issues but NICE! Have done a bit of construction on the F-2 and was rather impressed with it....shelved at the moment though...

and yes I should get on with it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back