Hawker Sea Fury

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Snautzer01

Honourably banned
Mar 26, 2007
FOTO FLUGZEUG HAWKER SEA FURY | eBay

VX690

1567420396518.png

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
These Sea Furies,

Were eventually kept in storage in Iraq, or what was left of them and a David Tallichet and Ed Jurist bought the whole lot along with about forty tons of spares (according to a magazine article I read quite a long time ago) and they ended up in the USA. There are a number of them now on the US register.
I think a few of them were shipped to Australia and NZ too.

Here are some Sea Fury 'snap shots.

801 Squadron flying over the mountains of Norway, to Bardufoss.

arctic.jpg

One of the aircraft warming up at Bardufoss.

153 Bardufoss.jpg

The photographer, my father, leaning out of the cockpit of his Sea Fury.

dad.JPG

Finally one featuring the pilots of No. 801 Squadron. My father is on the far right at the back, but I include this image because standing third from the left on the back row is the rather geeky looking figure of Edward 'Ted' Anson. He went on to be a test pilot on the Buccaneer programme and later commanded HMS Ark Royal (1976-78). He also remained a family friend, despite my mother always maintaining he did so well because of his name (for which she had no evidence whatsoever, he was clearly a talented officer, he was an exceptional pilot and as a Midshipman flew as the C/O's wingman). She was only right in that he was a distant relative of the Admiral Anson, who even had an aircraft named after him.

801sqn.JPG

All taken from the family album.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back