Hawker Typhoon at Ottawa Museum...I am going to see her

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Jeff Hunt

1st Lieutenant
Jul 20, 2012
Guelph Ontario Canada
This weekend coming I will be travelling to Ottawa and will be taking in the Aviation Museum with the main goal of seeing the Typhoon on long term loan. I will be taking the camera so if anyone is interested for modelling purposes, let me know what shots you may be wanting and I will then do my best. I am sure the cockpit is not doable so please don't ask for that but anything I can get to I will be happy to get.

Cheers,

Jeff

Nice one Jeff. I saw it last, stripped ready for shipping, at Cosford last October, and could only get shots from a distance, as it was on pallets in a corner.
A note for modellers - many parts were missing when the Typhoon was returned from the USA after the war. At least one aileron is dummy, the majority of the cowling, scoop and radiator are mock-ups and lack some rivet / screw detail, and the spinner was 'cut and shut', using one from a Varsity or similar, so is not the correct shape.

I have seen her and all I can say is wow. Lots of pics including the wheel wells. A very nice guide let me crawl right underneath her. Look for photos early next week.

My wife bought me a tablet on Thursday and I have not yet figured out how to do the photo thing just yet. I am sitting in a coffee shop (Timmys of course)(Canucks will know what I mean) in Ottawa and have figured out how to get on the internet at least.

Cheers,

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back