Heads up for UK forumites.....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Geedee

Senior Master Sergeant
Dec 5, 2008

Last edited:
Latest news is that they will be bring thier own '51s for the event,. Thats three US based '51 to drool over. The pilots will be Ed Shipley, Dan Freidkin and Steve Hinton (standing in for Jim B).

There's also a very very strong possibilty that the Mossie (Jerry Yagens FB26 KA114 )thats nearing completion (both engines now finished and installed !)in the US will also be here for Legends (at least the owner wants this to happen !) http://www.warbirdrestoration.co.nz/mossie_nov10.html

Now if we can only get a few FW190's or even a M262 as well....its gonna be a fantastic event !!!

And yes, I might take just one or two piccies :lol:

Last edited:
Found out last night that two of the '51's the Horsemen will be flying are 'February' and 'Fragile but Agile' (I believe this is the old 'Twilight tear' that went Stateside a while back ?). both these '51's are now minus wings while being prepped for shipment.

Roman will be interested in the news that 'February' is coming over the pond to display.

And as the Breitling 'Connie' is now airworthy again, wouldn't it be great to see that magetsic shape over DX again !!

Good news Gary. Was at DX yesterday, and it's very evident that most of the warbirds are getting ready for the show. Lots of work being done on airframes and engines, props etc, and managed to see the Buchon and Spit MkIX 2-seater having a bit of a warm-up flying session.
I'll be posting some pics soon, in a separate thread, to give people who don't 'know' Duxford, some idea of what to expect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back