Heavy Sniper Rifles Grenade Launchers.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Arnie is no longer in office.

I remember seen the program 60 minutes in the satelite Tv some years ago and in that the journalist said it was a law signed by the austrian Übermensch. I dont know if correct but that is the way I remember.

The Barrett .50 is more an anti-object sniper and is way overkill for personel. Many DIs order recruits to only aim for the enemy's web gear. Of course this is a kinder gentler time but the .50 has been used anti-personel for a long time. Enter the new KAC XM110 medium duty anti-personel sniper system. The old M24 bolt action, non-standard ammo system has been declared too clumsy for modern combat. The new auto-rifle is standardized on the 7.62 NATO round

Attachments

• 800px-M110_ECP_Left.jpg
    800px-M110_ECP_Left.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 153
The Barrett .50 is more an anti-object sniper and is way overkill for personel.

I agree fully, unfortunately it has been used against personnel extensively in this years, as you probably know for range issues with .308 ammunition. The M110 looks and according to several sources works very very good.

I remember seen the program 60 minutes in the satelite Tv some years ago and in that the journalist said it was a law signed by the austrian Übermensch. I dont know if correct but that is the way I remember.

CB, perhaps we are not linking up properly. Arnold Schwarzenegger was the Governor of the state of Kalifornia. He is no longer in office. And he's a dick.

CB, perhaps we are not linking up properly. Arnold Schwarzenegger was the Governor of the state of Kalifornia. He is no longer in office. And he's a dick.
Haha, okay, i got that.

Another nice weapon from the east:

ZVI Falcon 12.7mm (Czech republic)

12,7 mm sniper rifle FALCON is single-loader, repeating gun with fixed magazine. The magayine can be replaced by a dust cover, converting the rifle to a single loader if required for any particular reason. Lock turning, insertion of round into magazine, removal of cartridge and its ejection is done manually with the help of close lever.

Berrel and housing are connected by a bayonet lock. On the barrel a folding, adjustable biped and removable transporting handle are mounted. The barrel features a muzzle break with side drains with an efficiency 75%. For day shooting the Falcon is equipped with diuarnal foresight ZD 10x50, for shooting at night the passive night-foresight ZN 6x is recommended. Mechanical sights act as a backup for the scope in case it is being damaged. For carrying the weapon in the field for longer distances the sniper rifle is packed in special case. A special paratrooper backpack can be ordered in desert or jungle camouflage.

The 12,7 mm sniper rifle FALCON is designed for shooting with military ammunition on distances up to 1 500 m by day and 1 000 m at night. It fulfils and exceeds the demands of special units, paratroopers and anti-terror units. The Falcon is being successfully used by Czech Armed Forces and has proven its reliability under extreme condition on missions in Afghanistan.

The basic rifle layout is supplied with a day-type sight (ZD10x50) or with an optional passive night sight (ZN 6x).

For emergency use without optics the weapon is equipped with mechanical sights. As an option, a two-round magazine may be fixed to the weapon. An efficient muzzle brake and a spring-loaded recoil pad secure high recoil shock absorption, thus adding also to the rifleman's safety.

The rifle consists of two detachable parts, a weapon casing with a sight and a barrel with a bipod, thus enabling its rapid disassembly and assembly without any tools.

Optional accessories are a para-case for transport and para-jump, serving also as a rest for firing, and a transport case.

The weapon is manufactured in two calibers: NATO 12.7x99 mm and the eastern caliber 12.7x107 mm.

Attachments

• Sin título.jpg
    Sin título.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 116
  • 3009.jpg
    3009.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 380
  • naboj.-komora.jpg
    naboj.-komora.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 118
  • 2008.jpg
    2008.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 189
  • 3000.jpg
    3000.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 359
  • 3004.jpg
    3004.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 149
Back to the .50 cal. Several companies are offering bullpup versions of the .50 One of the best (opinion) is Micor Defense's Leader 50. recoil is said to be no more than a 30-06 and weght of 14lbs. Saw one at the last gun show but price and ammo ($5 per round) changed my mind

Attachments

• Leader_50_BMG_Semi-Auto_Bullpup__50_BMG_Anti-Materiel_Sniper_Rifle_Glamour_Shot_1R.jpg
    Leader_50_BMG_Semi-Auto_Bullpup__50_BMG_Anti-Materiel_Sniper_Rifle_Glamour_Shot_1R.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 151
  • leader_50_standing_0121-tfb.jpg
    leader_50_standing_0121-tfb.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 3,531
They were not very forthcoming about details. If you look at the front of the gun, at the base of the barrel that ring (red dot) is a 3 position gas regulator which surrounds the barrel, also that massive muzzel break has all those backwards vents which would tend to push forward as the gun is fired so they claim LESS than a 30-06 and can be fired other than prone

It is the muzzle break. That muzzle break is the most efficient of all the designs to date. However you don't want to stand on either side and it's flash hiding ability sucks. But then again, who needs a flash hider when you can pop a goblin at 1500yds. :toothy5:

The question of the muzzle break in a nice compromise, but in the end I dont like the amount of gasses in direction towards your body and extreme noise that those deflectors like the rifle in the last photo caused. back in 2006 I fired a rifle calibre 300 Wheaterby Magnum (not mine but from a friend hunter) with muzzle brake...without hearing protection, well my ears are still ringing and I can remember very well the sensation of small "wind" in you face in the moment of the shot, and that was with a 300 weath, I dont want to imagine with a 50 caliber.

...this type in particular:

Barrett_M82A1CQ_Muzzle_Brake_F.jpg

...in the other hand this design, althought not as effective in recoil reduction is far less stressful and more safe for the shooter.

lahti-break.jpg

Last edited:
Charles, cannot speak with any authority or first hand experience, the only .50 I ever fired was a mounted machine gun. The weird thing is that now I wear earmuffs when I shoot either my .45 or M-16, in Vietnam I can't remember ever wearing anytype of ear protection. Youth I guess

Charles, cannot speak with any authority or first hand experience, the only .50 I ever fired was a mounted machine gun. The weird thing is that now I wear earmuffs when I shoot either my .45 or M-16, in Vietnam I can't remember ever wearing anytype of ear protection. Youth I guess

Unfortunately in campaign the average soldier never enjoys the benefits of hearing protection, one of my great uncles (passed away in 2002) served with the italian army artillery in Albania and Greece in 1940-42. The poor good oldman was deaf as a brick wall.

I wonder how big a cloud of dust that muzzle brake would kick up under dry conditions, when used from the prone position ?

you can see it by yourself.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1TmCiWXkVk

Charles, Same here, had a good friend in the Arty. He was stone deaf in one ear and partial in the other. He was also eaten up with the agent orange though the govt denied it right to the end

That is something many people dont think about when they see the artillery firing (like the big M198/M777 Howitzers) in the movies/news/etc.

RG-6, the "russian Milkor"

Not to be outdone by the "west" the RG-6 (official designation index is 6G30) has been developed between 1993 and 1994 by the TSKIB SOO (Central Design Bureau for Sporting Hunting Firearms, located in the city of Tula, Russia). The new stand-alone, rapid firing multi-shot launcher was required to increase the firepower of the infantry during the urban combat, specific for recent small-scale conflicts, such as Chechen wars.

The RG-6 entered limited production by mid-1990 and is now in use by various elements of Russian Army and special forces, as well as by special forces in MVD (Internal Affairs Ministry). RG-6 is designed to fire all standard 40mm "caseless" grenades, available for general issueunderbarrel launchers, such as GP-25 and GP-30. These rounds include VOG-25 fragmentation grenade, VOG-25P bouncing fragmentation grenade and "Gvozd" (Nail) less-lethal tear gas grenade for riot control. The design of the RG-6 is, apparently, heavily influenced by the South African Milkor MGL grenade launcher, with some differences.

The key difference is that RG-6 uses "caseless" rounds,and thus its cylinder is loaded from the front. The "barrel" is, in fact, a smoothbore tube, which served only as a support for front grip and sights; each chamber in the cylinder is a separate muzzle-loading rifled barrel,similar in design to the GP-25 barrel. Thedouble-action only trigger unit is also modified from GP-25,with manual safety and several automatic safeties. Cylinder is rotated using clockwork-type spring, which is manually wound during reloading. For reloading,the front cylinder plate with the "barrel" tube are unlocked from the frame and then rotated sideways, to expose the front of the cylinder. The sights are folding for more convenient carry and storage, with ladder-type rear sight.The buttstock is telescoped into the frame, when not in use, and fitted with rubber recoil pad. The RG-6 is far from being light with 6.4 kilos fully loaded.

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 82
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 137
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 103

Users who are viewing this thread

Back