Hello all

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Derfman

Airman
Dec 18, 2007
Florida
Was doing some casual surfing and found this site.

On a whim I googled "P-38 Merlin" and got sent here. Was impressed by the thread.

Read a few more threads, and was pleased. A bunch of opinionated WWII aircraft buffs that can chew on a topic and still be civil....

I'm a history buff in general, broad focus, but always liked WWII (among other wars in history).

The really interesting conflicts in history are usually "studies in excellence"

By "study in excellence", I mean that once you cut through the emotional stuff, both (or more than "both") sides had serious strengths.

On WWII aircraft I've gotten to be something of a intellectual snob, as I usually know far more than most folks I chat with or game with. Will be refreshing to be humbled a bit. (I'm aware of my snobbery, which helps me keep it in check, but occasionally dealing with folks that know the subject far better than I will be a nice change...)

Hallo Derfman,

Nice to read you there.I hope you will enjoy this forum as much as possible,stay with us longer,please.Welcome to the forum and grettings from Poland.:)

I joined the other day whilst surfing the web at work, oops! My interest in aircraft of the 2nd world war stems from my father who was rear gunner with 70 squadron RAF based in Italy in 1944, he flew 44 missions on Vickers Werllingtons.

On WWII aircraft I've gotten to be something of a intellectual snob, as I usually know far more than most folks I chat with or game with. Will be refreshing to be humbled a bit. (I'm aware of my snobbery, which helps me keep it in check, but occasionally dealing with folks that know the subject far better than I will be a nice change...)

What's with these "self proclaimed know it alls" all of a sudden? Somebody hang a want ad sign out or something?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back