hello from cowtown!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

archerynut

Recruit
Feb 22, 2009
Calgary
hey board! i've been lurking for awhile, just like dropping in to read about, in my opinion, the pinacle of beauty when it comes to aviation, military or not.

i work in health care and because of this, i've had numerous relationships with hundreds of former servicemen from WW2 all the way to 'nam and korea. by and far thats what drives my interest in world war 2 fighters/bombers.

i'm also a modeler to, humble but i'm getting better.

rickards1.jpg

i also have a question for some knowledgable modelers. did the SBD dauntless aircraft carry the same propeller as hellcats and corsairs? this would be the 13 foot hamilton standard. or, was it a smaller propeller, but also a hamilton standard that the dauntless carried, as my kit decals suggest? thanks muchly!

Welcome from up north! I know a lot about Corsairs, and it had the largest propeller put on a single engined aircraft in the war, so I would have to say no to the Dauntless having the 13 ft prop, in fact I'd say the same about the Hellcat. That's why the Corsair had such a speed advantage.

I was at the musem about 6 months ago for a meeting to save a deHavilland Mossie that is owned by the city, which they are wanting to sell. i like that place alot, some of my earliest memories are going there with my dad and playing in the instrument trainer. good times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back