Hello from Gulf Coast Florida

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thoughts are with all! I lived in Florida during Andrew and a couple others. Buckle up, or better yet come on up and visit! Just please don't bring Irma with you she is NOT invited!

I have a best friend in a Homestead assisted living center - who lives in Tavernier Key. If Irma hits at the same size and power as it has now, a tidal surge of 20-25 feet would nearly or completely cover the residential homes of all the Keys - and wipe any 'party hearty' folks still around.

I have a best friend in a Homestead assisted living center - who lives in Tavernier Key. If Irma hits at the same size and power as it has now, a tidal surge of 20-25 feet would nearly or completely cover the residential homes of all the Keys - and wipe any 'party hearty' folks still around.

Brother you ain't kidding, by party, I mean hauling ass north in my SRX with whatever I can stuff in the back.

Thanks guys, that one had us worried for a while. On Friday thru Sunday we were (Clearwater) squarely in the bullseye and expecting the worst, Cat 4 or 5 to hit us dead on. Took a swerve as you probably know and headed inland. Had to evacuate but didn't need to go to a shelter, but Sunday night was pretty wild weather wise.

Just got power back today but has Shortround6 shown up yet? He looked to be squarely in the path as it traversed the state and 100 plus mile per hour winds in Florida's central flats is no joke.

With all the above Idiosyncratic Ostrobogulous members and the Occasionally Accidentally Horizontal Jan
2_1282559415_funny-welcome-sign.jpg

Are we really 737 ft above sea level?

Yeah, there's over 3,000,000 folks without power as of this morning in Florida so hopefully Shortround is just off the grid for a while.

I know he's only a few miles east of me, kinda right where the storm passed through, so keep him and family in your thoughts and prayers.

Thanks so much for the thoughts everyone. We bailed out and went to Alabama to my brothers. Strangely the storm followed ME! :)

Got back about midnight last night and all is good at our house. A few carports got relocated in the complex. we have power.

Hoping everyone else in Florida is OK and has no damage.

14 and 13 hour drives for what is about 7 with no traffic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back