Hello from Illinois

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I hope you will excuse all the thank you`s did not realize I could reply to all with one post. So thanks again I`m glad to be here looking forward to hearing from all of you .

Welcome from the Ill-Noise deserter. Used to live in the Chicago suburbian area, i.e. Palos Hills (before it was), Aurora, and lastly Joliet. The older I got the more I hated the place. No offence but the best thing I ever did was move south. My kids are still there but they visit here

I hope you will excuse all the thank you`s did not realize I could reply to all with one post. So thanks again I`m glad to be here looking forward to hearing from all of you .

No problemo. Just for future.. if you want to answer somebody's post ( like I'm doing now ) hit the Replay With Quote button at the bottom on right of the post you want to replay. In the way your answer can refer to a particular guy here. The option is an alternative for the Post Quick Replay option.

Yup, the correct term is a DEMONYM. Commonly formed by adding -an or -ian to the state name. Here, strangly enough, we are: Ark - Kansan (Arkansan or Arkie for short). Sometimes just -er like New Yorker or sometimes -ite as in Wyomingite or Massachusite (officially, a Bay Stater). From Indiana, officially, a Hoosier.
And don't let Bill con you, he's a New South Welshmen or unofficially Waratahs - Cockroaches - Blues

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back