Hello..

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

CRASHGATE3

Airman 1st Class
Dec 29, 2006
Bomber county UK
Hello everybody from a wet and windy North of England.
This looks like an excellent forum and I look forward to chatting / exchanging info with you.
When the airshow season is over....God bless the internet !!

that's an Avro 707 in your avatar is it not Crash?
Sorry....just saw your message
No,not the Avro 707...its Avro Vulcan B1 XA890 at Farnborough Sept 1955.
It was the 2nd production B1 with the original wing,and after much testing was scrapped in 1971.After this picture was taken the pilot,Roly Falk,barrel rolled it....honest.....I've seen the video.!!

is it? my sence of perspective must be messed up i thought the people were far in the distance and the aircraft was up close :lol: yes i too am a BIG fan of the Vulcan (among other Avro Bombers) and yes much is made of the handeling abilities of the Vulcan as she was very manouverable and strong, much like the Lancaster, powerful too, did you know she could take off on two engines and fly on just one? that's why she had all the extra power to go balistic after take offs for a short period of time...........

Its easier to see in a bigger picture.....I will see if I can find it and post it.
Living in Lincolnshire (Bomber county) next to Scampton,Finningley Waddington and Coningsby,I have seen Vulcans and climbed all over them many times.
p.s. managed to get into the Battle of Britain Lanc a few weeks ago which was lifelong ambition......respect to all who flew them
Cheers

Sorry....just saw your message
No,not the Avro 707...its Avro Vulcan B1 XA890 at Farnborough Sept 1955.
It was the 2nd production B1 with the original wing,and after much testing was scrapped in 1971.After this picture was taken the pilot,Roly Falk,barrel rolled it....honest.....I've seen the video.!!

Welcome aboard. Nice! I always had a little trouble knocking out a good quality barrel roll, until my last couple aerobatic flights... it's one of the trickier aerobatic maneuvers I thought!

Sorry Lanc....
Should have said few months ago....where has this year gone ??
Try to send pictures (never done this before)...resized,taken by me.
Front end and back end....I think you'll know which is which.

Attachments

• lanc coningsby 2006-1.jpg
    lanc coningsby 2006-1.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 72
  • lanc coningsby 2006-4.jpg
    lanc coningsby 2006-4.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 73
Look at that, two RAF bases I used to live at (RAF Finningley and RAF Coningsby). Welcome.

Hello. I am not a pilot, and know very little about planes beside for I what I read as a history ethusiast. I know very little, but look foward to learning more from you members. I apologise in advance for my future lack of contribution and possibly many stupid questions/posts. :cry:

AH !
Look at that......11Squadron badge
Brings back memories of....would you believe...Crashgate3 !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back