Help finding a kit to build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

copcheck

Airman 1st Class
Mar 25, 2011
Clinton Township, MI
Since this is not WWII related I did not want to post it in the model forum.

My boss, and Army vet, told me that his favorite helicopter is a Huey AH1 with the shark mouth on it.

For the life of me I cannot find one with a shark mouth in 1/72 scale on the Internet.

Can anyone offer some help?

Thanks,

Jon

Humm.. if it had to be the Huey it should be UH-1 . But if it should be AH-1 it had to be Bell also known as Cobra.

As memo serves the UH-1 shark-mouth model has been offered by Italeri.

Last edited:
Yep it's a UH-1C Gunship 1/72 scale kit of Italeri no.050.

Image81.jpg

available here...

LuckyModel.com - ITALERI 1/72 UH-1C Gunship (IT 050)
UH-1C Gunship (Italeri 050) - JAC HOBBIES

Wojtek, below are the pics of the kit I'm building for my boss. As I said in my PM, I can't figure out where to start sanding to fit the canopy into place. This kit leaves so much to be desired, but I'm determined to get it done.

The kit is made by Mister Craft Hobby Kits, I was fooled when I bought it off of Ebay and thought it was a Mastercraft kit, the logo is nearly identical.

Cobra 001.jpg
Cobra 003.jpg

CP, check and see if the area I have marked in red is parallel with the back of the canopy. If not you can start here by truing up the line and it may fall into place. In your post it looks like it may have a wider gap at the top.
Cobra 001 guide.jpg

I agree with all ABW here Jon. It is the area you should start sanding. I seems that it should be done very gently. Just a little bit at the top of the edge and a little bit more at the bottom of it.

Thank you gents.

I'm still a bit embarrassed that I was fooled by the name of the kit.

Clever trick though. Has anyone seen kits by that name?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back