HELP!!! Need to know which kit to buy

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi Rusty,

I have the Revell/ProModeler Ju 52/3m kit in the 1/48 scale and can tell you that the detail internally and externally is good, and the corrugation is well moulded. Most of the internal cabin detail is in the bulkheads, cabin framework and para seating with some clear plastic representing lighting. The cockpit also has some detail but I feel for the likes of myself some scratch building will be in order. The engines are well moulded and reasonably detailed though some additional work on them will help with the finer detail.

The kit provides for a German or Spanish version with decals to cover both. For my kit which is scheduled for building in the next GB17, I've also purchased some additional resin and PE detailing from Aires Hobby Models. Also if you're interested I have Profile Publications Number 177 for the Junkers Ju 52 Series on PDF and if you want I'm more than happy to scan the kit plans and send them to you. Just drop me a PM with your email and it will be done.

I built the Revell/Pro Modeler 1/48th scale version a few years ago, and I must echo what Vic Balshaw said: Nice detail both inside and out. And, you can build it with the top frame panel detachable, so you can lift it off and check out all the work you did on the passenger compartment, like adding scale figures. But it is a huge model.

Probably right Evan - I have problems pronouncing Airfix, and when it comes to Hasegawa, well ........!!

I have a problem pronouncing Decal, is it Deee-Call or De-cul or Di-cal or De-cale I've seen numerous pronounciations, thats why I original thought Italieri was probobly hard to pronounce :D

I don't know anyone who knows how to pronounce decal! Many people say 'Dee-Kal', and many I know say 'Dek-Al', and I've heard a few say 'Dee-Call'. I use the middle one, or, if stuck, use the term we used to use back years ago - transfers!
Now, how about 'Eduard'? Is it 'Ed- Waard', 'Ed-Wad', or 'Ed-Warred' - or maybe even 'Ed -Oo- Ard'?!!

I don't know anyone who knows how to pronounce decal! Many people say 'Dee-Kal', and many I know say 'Dek-Al', and I've heard a few say 'Dee-Call'. I use the middle one, or, if stuck, use the term we used to use back years ago - transfers!
Now, how about 'Eduard'? Is it 'Ed- Waard', 'Ed-Wad', or 'Ed-Warred' - or maybe even 'Ed -Oo- Ard'?!!

Pols don't have the problem with the "decal" word. Just we say "kalkomania" or just short "kalka" :lol:
As far as the Eduard is concerned, it is like the Italian/Spanish name Eduardo but without the "o" at the end. Just Edłard..... :lol:

Pols don't have the problem with the "decal" word. Just we say "kalkomania" or just short "kalka" :lol:
As far as the Eduard is concerned, it is like the Italian/Spanish name Eduardo but without the "o" at the end. Just Edłard..... :lol:

Same as Wurger on Eduard, I like the spanish/italian style sound lol :D even if they arn't a spanish/italian company :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back