Help on Image management?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

drgondog

Major
Jun 28, 2006
Scurry, Texas
Guys - I am in the final phase of my book - namely subtitling ~ 1500 images with one line description as well taking 60 side elevation jpg images of 5mb P-47/51's of the 355th.

On the former I just want a consitent font and size 1 line narrative of the photo.

On the aircraft art I want 2 lines - one to describe pilot and squadron, 2nd line to provide more info.

On the aircraft I next want to assemble 3-5 to a page and in a format which may later be produced from jpg to pdf or other suitable book page format.

I have photoshop and just bought Corel 11 from ebay? I know how to do it with Photoshop but it is a long laborious process that I would be pleased to shorten dramatically..

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance - Bill

drgndog, Corel is a little easier to manage. Resizing photo, cropping, adding and editing text, changing fonts, changing font color, adding outline to font. doing all this and then saving as jpg, bmp, and leaves the original intact which can be edited again if needed. It's a pity I am not nearby, cos I would tutor in heart beat with my limited knowledge to get you started. I have Corel 12 and am not sure if you could open from my work. Tell you what we can try, PM your email address and I will send you something I have done with a little description of what to select, and we can see if you can access the file? yes? cheers, Bill PS, my father was from Portland, lived in Gresham as well.

drgndog, Corel is a little easier to manage. Resizing photo, cropping, adding and editing text, changing fonts, changing font color, adding outline to font. doing all this and then saving as jpg, bmp, and leaves the original intact which can be edited again if needed. It's a pity I am not nearby, cos I would tutor in heart beat with my limited knowledge to get you started. I have Corel 12 and am not sure if you could open from my work. Tell you what we can try, PM your email address and I will send you something I have done with a little description of what to select, and we can see if you can access the file? yes? cheers, Bill PS, my father was from Portland, lived in Gresham as well.

Thanks - sent you a PM with my email address!

I've always been a fan of Publisher. Easy to move images/captions around how you like them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back