help with ZG26 profile plz

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The profile is probably indicative of 6./ZG 76 in May 1941.

This is Bf110E-1, W.Nr. 3866, M8+IP, "Ida-Paula", (first was M8+NP) the second mashine of Jabs, wich he used during Battle of Britain through Greece.

The cowlings should be yellow all the way around though, not just the top half.

White.

Attachments

• Bf110E_M8+IP_5.jpg
    Bf110E_M8+IP_5.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 81
  • Bf110E_M8+IP_6.jpg
    Bf110E_M8+IP_6.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
May be You would like this Jaguar better?

3U+AB, Hptm. Wilhelm Spiess.

Bf110E-1 W.Nr.4068, 3U+AB. Note dowble shevrons of Gruppencomandeur on both sides of nose, together with Gruppen Emblem - "Ringelpitz".

1. - Balkans 1941, yellow markings.

2. Russian front. The left and closest is 3U+AB, then next is 3U+CB, and next is unknown.

3. Russian front, Spiess already with 21 victoryes.

Interestingly, that this a/c was lost, but the pilot was not Hptm. Spiess :)

This Bf110 was shot down on 18.07.41by I-153's from 38 iap, who claimed "3 Bf110 in area Staraya Russa-Ivanovskoye at 18:40" with real german losses of 1 destroyed and 1 damaged Bf110. Pilot - Hptm. Horst Lerhmann - Killed.

Attachments

• Bf110_3U+AB_1.jpg
    Bf110_3U+AB_1.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 83
  • Bf110_3U+AB_2.jpg
    Bf110_3U+AB_2.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 76
  • Bf110_3U+AB_Wilhelm_Spies.jpg
    Bf110_3U+AB_Wilhelm_Spies.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 84
You are welcome :) Ask and I'll answer :)

About kagero - painters of it have a great imagination, may I say.

3U+AB had 71/02/65, not 74/75/76 as shown in "Bf110 vol.3."

the more answers i get the bigger the job seems lol somebody make my mind up for me plz lol

I have the decals for M8+IP which is a good start so if EVGENY can tell me if ther colours are correct on the profile i have shown for this bird i will get started on that 1 .AT the same time i am off to find out about mr JABS he seems to have had an interesting career

When i decided to start building models again it was for something to do while i recuperated.I never thought it would become so Addictive .my wife thinks i am going loopy lol

About kagero - painters of it have a great imagination, may I say.

3U+AB had 71/02/65, not 74/75/76 as shown in "Bf110 vol.3."

I think it is not easy to work out which colours were used for a camo scheme having B&W pictures only.Unless there is a confirmation of any witness.But in my opinion you are right.Looking at some pics of the heavy machines used in that period of time I've got mpression that it was RLM02 but not RLM75.The difference can be clearly seen on upper wing surfaces.The light colour of the camo scheme is too light comparing to RLM75.Anyway thaks for the info.

Last edited:
Seeing as this thread has wobbled about a bit anyway, I'd say that Wurger has made an interesting point about interpretaion of colour from black and white photographs. If any of you have the JAPO publication "Bf 109 K Camouflage and Markings" there's some very interesting views about all of that, well worth a read. The lengths and deductive methods used by the authors are quite amazing.

Yep, it can be a sticky, and tricky subject. During my time with the 'Big Yellow Box', I got involved in some photo-interpretation on this sort of subject, where I had to measure, as best as possible, tonal values to try and determine a colour tone from monochrome prints and half-tones. Talk about going cross-eyed!!! Interesting though!

decisions have been made and a new kit ordered for the group build it will be 3U+BT of zg26 North Africa 1942
once this is completed i will be moving on to a Bf110E of ZG 1 will be getting stuff entered in to group build very soon and started work on the model hopefully monday or tuesday

jamierd

Hans Joachim Jabs was the one of the best Bf110 over WW II. He scored 18 victories in 1940:

Hawk-75A, 3 Morane MS406, and 2 Spitfires during Battle of France, flying in Bf110C M8+NP
7 Spitfires and 5 Hurricanes during Battle of Britain, flying Bf110E M8+IP.

Then, he became exellent pilot and komandeur of night fighter regiment.

On 29.04.44 lonely flying Bf110G-4, he met 8 Spitfire Mk.IX over his airfield, he shot down 2 of them! 1 exploded, and second ditched near a/f with pilot J.Kaulton PoW.

I think both his Zerstorer is worth to built as a model :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back