Henschel Hs 129

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

dirkpitt289

Master Sergeant
Jul 16, 2009
South Plainfield New Jersey
Hi guys

I'm thinking of building a Henschel Hs 129 for the MTO Group Build. I am having some problems finding info on the types of markings and camouflage for this aircraft.

Thanks in advance.

Well I was able to find one color drawing.

Hs129-Wnr-0350.jpg

there is only two pattern used on this airplane. First one is consisted of the RLM 70 and RLM 71 and the topside in geometric splinter pattern with the RLM 65 at the bottom. During the winters they get coat of washable white paint over the top. The other camoufalge pattern is used in Africa and it is desert scheme with the RLM 79 at topside with spots in RLM 80. Bottom is in RLM 78.

Well its a start, and its more then I had before

Here you are Dirk. Hope this will help.

Attachments

• Copy of 025.jpg
    Copy of 025.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 855
  • Copy of 027.jpg
    Copy of 027.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 399
  • Copy of img_030.jpg
    Copy of img_030.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 654
Ok, I'm sold, This is the aircraft I'm going to build for the MTO Group Build. I ordered the book by squadron and I even found PE for it. The only problem is I can't figure out how to buy it. And lastly I need to buy the model itself. None of the online hobby sites seem to have it so either I hope my local HS has it or I'm going to have to eBay it. I should know by the end of the day.

I have a nagging feeling I'm not going to get this done by the deadline. Oh, well It'll still be a fun build.

I think you should make it. The deadline for finishing models in MTO Group Build is November 30th. So you see, there's plenty of time.

imalko

You forgot to take into consideration LIFE always gets in the way... :lol:

I got a full time job, part time job, Starting a new Business, a girlfriend and 3 kids (two which are only 18 month old). Oh, and lets not forget the Red Sox are fighting for their playoff lives. :p

Three rug rats...lets see you will have some free time by 2031. :lol: I am looking forward to seeing your build. I never knew about this plane until I found this website.

DBII

Last edited:
Yep, you are right. That's why I have only one entry in this Group Build (for now anyway)... :D

I hear ya, the other problem I have is all the other projects I have in progress already. Right now I have:

SBD Dauntless 1/72
F4F Corsair 1/72
JU-52 Minesweeper 1/72
B-17E 1/72
B-17F1/72
Seaview

But this group build got me all excited when I learned that the HS 129 was in that theater of Operations. I just learned about this aircraft about a week or so ago. Now with this GB I have a reason to hunt one down and build it. LOL

I'll start an official thread tonight when I get home.

:-k You work on two B-17 kits...? Maybe you could enter those into the next Group Build ("Heavyweights"). Think I read in GB rules that judges can exeptionaly permit to enter a GB with model already partly build. Its an interesting idea if you have appropriate project(s) under way, but you would have to check out with the judges about that.

Last edited:
Were did you find a B-17E model? All I could find were F and G. There is a C/D model on the other side of town. In Houston, that is over an hour drive.

DBII

Were did you find a B-17E model? All I could find were F and G. There is a C/D model on the other side of town. In Houston, that is over an hour drive.

DBII

Here is the B-17E model I got. Its from Academy and is 1/72 scale of the RAF Costal Command. I'm going to turn it into "Old 666" from the Pacific Theater

B-17E.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back