Herbert Maxis markings (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Rick R.

Airman
Feb 5, 2005
Hello everyone,

I am looking for 1/32 decals for Herbert Maxis' aircraft, a BF-109G-14AS that was shot down by US troops during a low level attack. A interesting although tragic story. I can't seem to find his markings in 1/32. I have seen illustrations and photos of this aircraft published in many magazines and books and I find it strange that markings for his aircraft are not available. Could be a result of the sub-type of 109 he flew. If anyone knows where I might find his marking in 1/32 please let me know. Any help very much appreciated.

Rick R.

Hi everyone,
Thanks for your help! I have not used masks before but Maxis' markings should be a good starting point for using masks. Thanks Wayne for the info on the most current camo for this aircraft. Any illustrations?

Masks can do an impressive job and are worth a try. I used masks once on a 1/48 Spitfire and was impressed:

120719 Dragon 1.jpg
120719 Dragon 2.jpg
120719 Dragon 3.jpg
120811 Closeup 1.jpg
120731 MD280 5.jpg

Thanks everybody for your input. Nice collection of reference photos. I also appreciate example of masks. The end product looks great. Looking forward to giving them a go. I also located a profile of Maxis' aircraft in the greys at Anders H. Profile Paint Shop. Again thanks to everybody for their assistance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back