Herbert Maxis markings

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Rick R.

Airman
Feb 5, 2005
Hello everyone,

I am looking for 1/32 decals for Herbert Maxis' aircraft, a BF-109G-14AS that was shot down by US troops during a low level attack. A interesting although tragic story. I can't seem to find his markings in 1/32. I have seen illustrations and photos of this aircraft published in many magazines and books and I find it strange that markings for his aircraft are not available. Could be a result of the sub-type of 109 he flew. If anyone knows where I might find his marking in 1/32 please let me know. Any help very much appreciated.

Rick R.

Hi everyone,
Thanks for your help! I have not used masks before but Maxis' markings should be a good starting point for using masks. Thanks Wayne for the info on the most current camo for this aircraft. Any illustrations?

Thanks everybody for your input. Nice collection of reference photos. I also appreciate example of masks. The end product looks great. Looking forward to giving them a go. I also located a profile of Maxis' aircraft in the greys at Anders H. Profile Paint Shop. Again thanks to everybody for their assistance.

Users who are viewing this thread