Hey Everyone

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The First and the Last by Adolf Galland sits on my bookshelf as we speak, where it's been for the last few decades. I read it as a child and read it again as an adult. That's enough times, though. I can't really say that Adolf Galland is a hero of mine. As far as worshiping WWII aviation, why not take on model building? It will absorb countless hours of your time and result in massive frustration, but then there are some fantastic FW-190 kits out there. I built a monogram 1/48th scale kit in the '70s and I remember how the propeller and the engine turned around together. Certainly a beautiful aircraft, but just imagine how hard it would be to reproduce those paint schemes on a model! I'm just getting back into the hobby after a long hiatus and I have to say that it will be a while before I attempt an FW-190. I'm sticking to simpler paint schemes for now, until I get better (if that ever happens).

The First and the Last has come in handy for me a couple times for a paper here-and-there, it counts as a primary source! ^_^ I'd probably get into modeling if I A) had the patience B) had the time (University tends to eat into it) and C) didn't like video games so much xD

And thanks for the warm welcomes, everyone! x3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back