Hi!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

So I guess the 2 languages are related?

Oh yea - very closely related countries and languages - with a serious love/hate realtionship :) . During the Viking ages the Swedes went east and we went west ("Rus" as in Russia - is actually a slavic word for for Swede). After a short break from looting and pilfering most of Europe we were pretty much at war with each other from 1400-1800. Those damn Swedes won most of the Battles but never conquered us! Anywho - now we are friends - except when we play football or when those damn swedes come down to get drunk here (they really can't hold their drink :lol: ).

Welcome to the forum Daniel. We all ready had a few posts back and forth. It's nice to officially welcome you here!

Oh yea - very closely related countries and languages - with a serious love/hate realtionship :) . During the Viking ages the Swedes went east and we went west ("Rus" as in Russia - is actually a slavic word for for Swede). After a short break from looting and pilfering most of Europe we were pretty much at war with each other from 1400-1800. Those damn Swedes won most of the Battles but never conquered us! Anywho - now we are friends - except when we play football or when those damn swedes come down to get drunk here (they really can't hold their drink :lol: ).

Eeeexcuuuuuse meeee....!!??:shock: It's a great love/hate when it comes to football and ice hockey between us up in the cold north...
Can't hold our drink?? Have you ever tried our fine vintage homemade stuff as in Chateau Basement, Vineyard Garage just mention two...
Good enough to strip paint of your walls and clear ANY rust from ANY metal...:lol: :lol:

Oh yea - very closely related countries and languages - with a serious love/hate realtionship :)

Those damn Swedes won most of the Battles but never conquered us! Anywho - now we are friends - except when we play football or when those damn swedes come down to get drunk here (they really can't hold their drink :lol: ).

Eeeexcuuuuuse meeee....!!??:shock: It's a great love/hate when it comes to football and ice hockey between us up in the cold north...
Can't hold our drink?? .:lol: :lol:

Daniel watch out for Lucky! The flag shows Scotland, but he's imported from the same place that ABBA, IKEA Volvos come from......

:D :D :D

Can't hold a candle to Kentucky moonshine. That stuff will neuter ya!

:lol: - I'll take your word for it. I stay away from the really hardcore stuff ever since I had a monumental bender in Italy drinking puregrain alcohol (what is it with armybuddies doing stupid stuff like that?!?!). Now I stay with Johny W. Black Label - Put that stuff in a freezer until it gets an "oily" substance - and let it warm up in yer mouth - pure drinking pleasure I tell ya!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back