Hitler's artwork for sale.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

v2

Captain
Nov 9, 2005
Cracow
A watercolour by Adolf Hitler has been sold at auction for £5,200 in Cornwall.
The picture of a German postman, painted by the future Nazi dictator in 1924, went under the hammer at Jefferys in Lostwithiel on Wednesday.
Auctions manager Ian Morris said the rare signed example of Hitler's early artistic career went to a private buyer from Lostwithiel.
The 7in by 6in drawing from Hitler's sketch book was sold by a collector from Torpoint.
He bought it from a friend of Otto Gunsche, Hitler's personal adjutant.
Hitler did hundreds of doodles and sketches, many of which are now museum pieces.

(BBC)

More watercolours:
Jefferys

Attachments

• ah.jpg
    ah.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 13,807
If it is his drawings it's pretty good. Though it can look like a little village hanging under a cloud waiting for a Blitz.

Maybe he should have animated himself in a respectful manner unlike Warner Bros. or Disney did to him.

Honestly, I don't think that painting is all that good. The detail work and use of colors is not very appealing and kind of drab. With that kind of painting, I can see why he was rejected from the Vienna Art Academy. I guess it would have been better to have an art educated marginal painter than an angry, genocidal despot. Bring on the bad painters!

no one ever said it was hence as evan said he was kicked out of the Vienna art academy and spent years as a poor, broken man............

also found out today someone had to be ejected from the auction as he was protesting against them being sold :lol:

I would have preferred that they burned them if they were real. After all they will probably end up in the lair of some nazi worshiper.

i don't see what the problem is, he wasn't even a Nazi when he painted them! they're not exactily making a political statement and don't stand for anything nasty..........

the lancaster kicks *** said:
i don't see what the problem is, he wasn't even a Nazi when he painted them! they're not exactily making a political statement and don't stand for anything nasty..........

Oh yeah. He was writing Mein Kampf at the time.

Here's another.

Attachments

• 200px-AHWatercolor1.jpg
    200px-AHWatercolor1.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 98
Its not what they are thats the problem, its who did them. Unfortunately there are a lot of people out there who will revere them for this and not the fact that they are pretty average watercolours.

evangilder said:
They would be worthless if they were done by anyone else. It's the signature, not the painting in these cases.

Agreed. However the one I posted above is a little more than average. Damn good if you ask me. Ever try to paint with watercolor? Above my skill level.

That other one looks pretty good...and yes, watercolour is really pretty hard.

Destroyed? Nah, I think there an intersting piece of History...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back