Hitler's artwork for sale.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hitler a painter, oh my, I knew he designed stuff and wanted to be architect, but not a painter.

Yes he originaly aspired and went to school to be an artist in Vienna, Austria. He went into polotics after his art teacher told him his work was crap.

I would have preferred that they burned them if they were real. After all they will probably end up in the lair of some nazi worshiper.

I disagree. They are pieces of history. So should any of the paintings by tyrant kings of England from hundreds of years agobe burned? No ofcourse not. They are history....

I would love to have the paintings if they are real. I am a Third Reich Collector. I have dozens of Uniforms, many many helmets and head gear and other artifacts to include an autograph from Hitler. Does that make me a Nazi Worshiper? Hell no, I love history and enjoy collecting it.

I disagree. They are pieces of history. So should any of the paintings by tyrant kings of England from hundreds of years agobe burned? No ofcourse not. They are history....

I would love to have the paintings if they are real. I am a Third Reich Collector. I have dozens of Uniforms, many many helmets and head gear and other artifacts to include an autograph from Hitler. Does that make me a Nazi Worshiper? Hell no, I love history and enjoy collecting it.

Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it. I agree Adler. I find it most irritating that the German gov't won't allow swastikas on renovated WWII aircraft. While I understand the sensitivity, seems plain silly.

Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it. I agree Adler. I find it most irritating that the German gov't won't allow swastikas on renovated WWII aircraft. While I understand the sensitivity, seems plain silly.

That is not 100% true. If the aircraft is original WW2 and is used in Airshows or is presented in Museums it is still allowed to have the swastika on it. If you go to the German Museum in Munich (the German version of the Smithsonian only a bit smaller) all the WW2 german stuff from uniforms, to tanks, U-Boots, and Aircraft all have the swastikas on them.

There also was a Bf-109 that was making the airshow circuit here in Germany last year that had the swastika still on it and the Me-262 that arrived in Berlin in September had the Swatzika on it.

I agree with Evan abd Cheddar. Not exactly good art. Kinda fair at best. One of those "starving artist" paintings that are knocked out. Ok, not that bad but close. Mundane is the word that comes to mind.

The painting is famous (if real at all) not because of artistic skill but due to the guy who painted it doing something as a non-painter. If it were not for that, those paintings would be going for 10 euros a pop in some flea market in Munich.

I thought Hitler was a clever man, unfortunately mad men often are, just think though if his art teacher had dished out a couple of 'A' marks, how history could have been very different.

I think his pics are ok, but I would call tham 'hotel pics' you know, the type you find on your hotel bedroom walls- inoffensively boring, until you cant sleep and then your brain starts to see them quite differently.
jeez i must take sleeping tablets next holiday 8)

Those who make the comments of Hitler being evil etc etc . This is a piece of history of a man that had a vision and carried out what he beleived in . I know you'll go on and on about killing 6 million jews etc , but how many people did Stalin kill or Mao Tse Tung ? My Great Grandfather was killed by Russian Soldiers in ww2 I dont hold a grudge against them in any way , that was just how it was at the time . Im not saying it was right but its just out of context when a painting is displayed . Comment on the painting . If you want to comment about the man and what he has done start a new post and ramble there !!!!

And the painting itself , seems simple . Maybe it was just keeping is mind away from the events that were happening at the time . Anyone know when he painted last ? There must have been a point when he gave up painting to concentrate on politics more

The fact that the swastika must be removed from WW2 artifacts is crap and to destroy something of historic value is bull. Hitler was not mad just believed in his own way and lived according to it, but he was also not stupid. Hitler got in to the Nazi party when he was undercover for the army to go and investigate how these groups work and what there plans where, but he got interested and went into politics.

The romans were cruel to other nations and made a lot of people suffer, but does history look past them or destroy the artifacts of them because they were cruel?

Those who make the comments of Hitler being evil etc etc . This is a piece of history of a man that had a vision and carried out what he beleived in . I know you'll go on and on about killing 6 million jews etc , but how many people did Stalin kill or Mao Tse Tung ? My Great Grandfather was killed by Russian Soldiers in ww2 I dont hold a grudge against them in any way , that was just how it was at the time . Im not saying it was right but its just out of context when a painting is displayed . Comment on the painting . If you want to comment about the man and what he has done start a new post and ramble there !!!!

The posts here are talking about the painting. You are the one who started up with what the painter did, and I am sure we are all aware of that. You have a point to make? Then make it. Directing others what to do when you have a total of 6 posts here is out of line. The mods and admins here keep things pretty loose and we like it that way. So chill.

The fact that the swastika must be removed from WW2 artifacts is crap and to destroy something of historic value is bull. Hitler was not mad just believed in his own way and lived according to it, but he was also not stupid. Hitler got in to the Nazi party when he was undercover for the army to go and investigate how these groups work and what there plans where, but he got interested and went into politics.

The romans were cruel to other nations and made a lot of people suffer, but does history look past them or destroy the artifacts of them because they were cruel?

You do not have to remove the swatzika from WW2 artifacts, you just can not display the swatzika in public unless it is part of a museum or show.

Depends on what you are using it for. If it is an authentic German WW2 aircraft then yes it is allowed to have the Swatzika on it because of the historical value. For instance all 6 Bf-109 including the oldest surviving Bf-109 a Bf-109E-3 found at the Deutsches Museum in Munich have the swatzika on them.

Below are pictures of the Bf-109G at the Sinsheim Museum in Sinsheim Germany and the Bf-109G-2 at the Luftwaffe Museum in Berlin Germany. Both have the swatzikas on them.

What you are not allowed to do is lets say take a modern plane and put swatzikas on them or put them on your car or sew one onto your jacket and walk around with it or wave a flag with a swatzika on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back