Hobby Shops?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The last full service, old time complete hobby shop in the southern US is Hobby Towne in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Owner is Andy Chase and I have visited there since the early 1970s. I am reasonably sure he does not do mail orders because he complains about taxes he has to collect and postage rates.. He has a you tube site and several customers have also posted walk throughs on you tube.

The last full service, old time complete hobby shop in the southern US is Hobby Towne in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Owner is Andy Chase and I have visited there since the early 1970s. I am reasonably sure he does not do mail orders because he complains about taxes he has to collect and postage rates.. He has a you tube site and several customers have also posted walk throughs on you tube.

I'm not sure what 'complete' entails but I have been doing business with my local shop, been here since the 70's, and have found everything that I need. If not there they will order. They do shipping (I have sent FUBAR info on that for Canada) and seems reasonable? I pick up at the store, receiving on-line prices (discounted over in-store).
kingshobby.com

I'm not sure what 'complete' entails but I have been doing business with my local shop, been here since the 70's, and have found everything that I need. If not there they will order. They do shipping (I have sent FUBAR info on that for Canada) and seems reasonable? I pick up at the store, receiving on-line prices (discounted over in-store).
kingshobby.com
True Ralph, but they have had to downsize a couple time of recent. Lionheart Hobbies in Kyle is a new upstart founded by former Kings online expert Rudy, is truly making a start in an incredible way.

By complete, I refer to about one third of the shop is plastic models, about one third materials and kits for flying models (free flight, control line and of course RC), while the rest is used stuff, publications, and RC cars. It is quite a large business compared with most I have seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back