Hobby Shops?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Mine closed down years ago. Only place to actually by a model in person are the craft stores and their selection is really limited.

Last December my local shop had a fire that destroyed the interior but did not damage the building beyond repair. This was just a few months after I had rejoined the modeling community so I was completely bummed. The good news is that the rebuilding has been proceeding and it will reopen by December.
hobby1.jpg
hobby2.jpg

I've got enough kits to get me through the next few GB's but I am really looking forward to not having to order paint, glue and other tools online. While he didn't carry a lot of aircraft, being primarily a train shop, he can order stuff and I'm glad to have a place to have quick access to supplies. I know that years ago there was a local club that meet there; maybe I can recruit some new aircraft peeps to WW2AC.

Don't forget to mention that we've got our own Wildcat aficionado and expert in Terry, what he doesn't know about this glorious machine, isn't worth knowing....😉😆😂

🚪

I used to like the Speedi built kits. I think I had at least one of everyone they had. Built up but with nice plastic parts.

Clicked on the link and, immediately, in my mind, I heard the finale of Handel's Messiah, "Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah..."

there was another solid model kit these had really rough fir wood. Took for ever to sand down, bu they had nice cast metal detail parts. Anyone rember these? Also built a lot of Strombecker solid modeled. Nice plastic details.

My local hobby store is now accepting orders and pickup. There is some paint, glue and other tools available. Here is my first purchase.
57chevy.jpg

Now before your collective minds explode, this box art has special significance to me. Several years ago, I commissioned artwork for a friend of mine who owns a 57 fuelie that looks just like this. The artist later told me that image was seen by an exec at Revell and led to him doing artwork for them. So this is "sorta" mine.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back