HobbyCraft Me 109 G10 1/48 Croatian.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

usetherudders

Airman
Nov 2, 2011
Cardiff
This was my second build, Black 4 of the Croatian Airforce. Decals were from the kit which was entitled Axis Allies.

Black 4 was actually a G14AS but I didn't realise this until I found some photos. The aircraft had the small wheel bulges on the wings but unfortunately I'd put the large one on.
Paints are Xtracolor upper camo and Model Air undersides.

Thanks for looking
Simon

Messerschmitt Me 109 G14AS "Black 4" Croatian Air Force, Falconara Northern Italy 16th April 1945.

P1030810.jpg
P1030812.jpg
P1030813.jpg
P1030815.jpg
P1030816.jpg
P1030817.jpg
P1030818.jpg
P1030819.jpg

Great pic Simon, interesting. I have a feeling there was some damage done to that wire and someone rigged it like that to keep it out of the way. It seems to me that there's more slack in it than would be present if this aircraft was in a serviceable state. Of course, this could be my ignorance showing though - I've been wrong many times before.

Nice one.
I tend to agree with Andy about the reason for the antenna wire. In normal service, it would be above the DF loop - if it passed through the loop, not only would this create interference with the DF signal, but it could prevent rotation of the DF loop.
I'm guessing that, being what appears to be a captured aircraft, 'someone' re-attached a damaged wire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back