Home made "Pro Weld"

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

1.Do not use house paint on face. Seen on TV in a Visa commercial that depicts an expecting couple looking for paint at a hardware store.
2.Do not drive cars in ocean. Seen in a car commercial which shows a car in the ocean.
3.Always drive on roads. Not on people. Taken from a car commercial which shows a vehicle 'body-surfing' at a concert.
4.Take care: new non-slip surface. A sign in front of a newly renovated ramp that led to the entrance of a building.
5.Do not sit under coconut trees. A sign on a coconut palm in a car park.
6.These rows reserved for parents with children. A sign in a church.
7.All cups leaving this store, rather full or empty, must be paid for. A sign in a Cumberland Farms in Hillsboro, New Hampshire.
8.Malfunction: Too less water. A notice left on a coffee machine.
9.Prescriptions cannot be filled by phone. On a form in a clinic.
10.You could be a winner! No purchase necessary. Details inside. On a bag of Fritos.
11.Fits one head. On a hotel-provided shower cap box.
12.Payment is due by the due date. On a credit card statement.
13.No small children. On a Laundromat triple washer.
14.Toilet Plunger - Caution: Do not use near power lines.
15.Dremel Electric Rotary Tool - This product not intended for use as a dental drill.
16.Stridex Foaming Face Wash - May contain foam.
17.Earplugs - These ear plugs are nontoxic, but may interfere with breathing if caught in windpipe.
18.Pine Mountain Fire Logs - Caution: Risk of fire.
19.Air Conditioner - Caution: Avoid dropping air conditioners out of windows.
20.Caution: The contents of this bottle should not be fed to fish. Found on a bottle of shampoo for dogs.

And the one quite some years back, regarding the use of a particular brand of microwave oven, which included in the 'Warnings' section of the Instruction Booklet "Must not be used for drying dogs or other household pets."
This was because some stupid women stuck her Poodle in her microwave, to dry it after bathing it. Of course, the dog ended up a very dead hot dog.
She sued the company concerned, and won, as the instructions did not warn against this particular danger.
And of course, the use of a bayonet, which must not be allowed to become rusty or contaminated, as this may cause infection to the person stabbed with it. The same reason for stainless steel ball-bearings in the Claymore .

MEK is perfectly safe as long as you use common sense and know how to handle it. We use 1,000s of gallons each year at work

Yep MEK sure is safe if proper precautions are taken but unfortunately common sense is rarer than rocking horse droppings.

For a good understanding of MEK, especially when mixed with other solvents, find a copy of the Australian Royal Commission into sealing/desealing the F-111.
The victims were using pressurised breathing suits but the supposedly vapour proof air supply lines were wetted by MEK and another chemical.
Lots of cancer, suicides and fatal accidents resulted while the official response can best be summed up as "take a aspirin for the headache and stop malingering".
While MEK was not the sole cause of these medical problems, the cause was the unexplored result of mixing two "safe" chemicals and inadvertently breathing minute quantities of the resulting mix.

Last edited:
And the one quite some years back, regarding the use of a particular brand of microwave oven, which included in the 'Warnings' section of the Instruction Booklet "Must not be used for drying dogs or other household pets."
This was because some stupid women stuck her Poodle in her microwave, to dry it after bathing it. Of course, the dog ended up a very dead hot dog.
She sued the company concerned, and won, as the instructions did not warn against this particular danger.
And of course, the use of a bayonet, which must not be allowed to become rusty or contaminated, as this may cause infection to the person stabbed with it. The same reason for stainless steel ball-bearings in the Claymore .

Yep and this week a mentally challenged jury in the US decided the Red Bull claim that drinking that could "make you fly" was false advertising. If brains were gasoline that jury collectively did not have enough to start a single cigarette lighter

MEK I use it as glue when I want it fast bonding, the excess blister of each model as hash and I would add, for every 35ml (that is a measure of work) I put 10 pieces of 5mm long I leave it up to the plastic is gone and filter mesh 50 microns to remove the dye in the plastic, it lasts me between 3-6 months is a InCima exhibition, in my work we MEK to clean the printheads and you lotificadoras inkjet, in the course of training and security we were told it was working very long time with the MEK to feel the effects, to see if it affects the vapors must feel on the palate if it tastes like MEK on the palate there is not enough ventilation and has been working with mask. The case of dizziness have a first aid kit that is always used raw milk and fresh air, hahahaha :)

acetone 50% to 50% ethyl alcohol mixed with the plastic also works well with the nitro-cellulose plastics, whether any solvent works great

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back