Horrible, Vile, Disgusting are too mild

mikewint

Captain
8,356
2,291
Joined
Feb 17, 2010
Location
Lakeview, AR
May 24th 2019
Publishable comments fail me

 
Living returning soldiers were treated pretty badly but I can accept that, but these memorials are to men/women who gave "the last full measure" for what they believed in whether you happen to agree or not. Respect their sacrifice
 
Anti-Americanism is quite fashionable on university campuses and other places these days, so it's not surprising. But it is sad.
Our priest reflected in his homily at our Memorial Day mass that true peace is grounded in ordered tranquility, something that is sadly lacking in our current culture, which seems to be charged with increasing envy and pride. I'm betting the perpetrators weren't Nazis, but knew that drawing swastikas would deeply offend people.
 
That p!sses me off to no end. I had friends killed in Vietnam, my father was a veteran of Korea and Vietnam, my first step-father was a veteran of the Korean war, and my step-sister's son was killed in Iraq when an I.E.D. exploded under his Humvee. Find that bast*rd or b!tch and whip the scum til it bleeds.
 
 
The original report was written by a journalist who hates Trump, totally misrepresented the whole situation. Let it go.
 
Careful with politics here.
Yup agree thus the let it go comment..
 
I don't want to restart any discussions that might lead to politics, but I did want to give an update to the original story. The suspect was apprehended by police not too long after, and the local community rallied to fix the memorial.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back