HORSEUSA MIA FOR 1 YEAR (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Depending on which site you use, I've seen the worth of this site listed between 1100$ - 22,000$. I say we pool our money together and buy it. I'll check under the sofa cushions to see how much I can ante in and get back to you

Depending on which site you use, I've seen the worth of this site listed between 1100$ - 22,000$. I say we pool our money together and buy it. I'll check under the sofa cushions to see how much I can ante in and get back to you
So who is going to maintain it then?

In the past he often had been missing for more than a year. The worst price we payed was having a Christmas banner for a year or so.

While I would hate to lose the history here, we could also start a new Forum if necessary. Or perhaps a combination of the 2, keeping this one read only and migrating new posts to a new forum? From what I have understood this site more or less lives because it is part of many sites he manages and we get the benefit of living in the same server farm.

But without an active top level admin it truly is just a matter of time before the site suffers some type of serious issue that cannot be addressed by the forum admins.

While I would hate to lose the history here, we could also start a new Forum if necessary. Or perhaps a combination of the 2, keeping this one read only and migrating new posts to a new forum? From what I have understood this site more or less lives because it is part of many sites he manages and we get the benefit of living in the same server farm.

But without an active top level admin it truly is just a matter of time before the site suffers some type of serious issue that cannot be addressed by the forum admins.

I won't give up on this place. It helped get me through some hard times.

I would be surprised if he is not actually very active "behind the scenes" a forum board this active honestly does not run itself, no slight to the admins intended, there are software updates to the OS, sometimes those require tweaks to the forum software etc. The copyright on this version of this forum software is very close to current so someone is updating the software. The fact that it is free and so well run is both a credit and amazing!

For one I thank the unpaid staff that keeps everything chugging along. We are very lucky here in that we have a super dedicated and active staff, and great contributing members and staff. I truly don't think you could replicate this atmosphere anywhere else, it took years to get where it is. I hope my remarks were not construed as suggesting otherwise. I assure you such was not my intention.

... I think it's a credit to the hands-on team how well this site performs, maybe Horse is just watching his web engine working. Does he lurk ..?
If he is like most admins, he will have either a "fake" account or an unlogged admin account, so chances are yes he does indeed lurk but not in any nefarious way, probably just as a matter of course to check things out and do maintenance etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back