How Autistic are YOU?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

22. I loved the "do you categorize things?" question. This whole forum consists of autistic people who categorize aircraft, engines, weapons, battles, etc. :lol:

Hey I answered EVERY question about crowds, socializing and friends with a STRONG NEGATIVE. I was sure that was going to doom me.

22. I loved the "do you categorize things?" question. This whole forum consists of autistic people who categorize aircraft, engines, weapons, battles, etc. :lol:

Ah yes, but there is categorizing things and there's categorizing things. For example, my DVDs must be in EXACT alphabetical order, models must be sitting at the same angle, books in size order. If someone were to come into my room and mess them up, I would have to sit there sorting it until it was all back exactly how I wanted it.

Although that is the official test, the thing you have to bear in mind is that there are lots of different types and levels. Although I don't understand it fully, what would apply to me may not apply to someone else. Oddly, although I am obsessive about the above things, I'm really untidy with everything else and just leave it wherever

Ah yes, but there is categorizing things and there's categorizing things. For example, my DVDs must be in EXACT alphabetical order, models must be sitting at the same angle, books in size order. If someone were to come into my room and mess them up, I would have to sit there sorting it until it was all back exactly how I wanted it.

You just did a fine job describing obsessive - compulsive disorder! OCD.
Hmmmm. Do you dress nice and love show tunes?:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back