How each fighter reflected each nation's unique culture....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

P38 Pilot said:
I think the P51D represents America the best. Its strong, quick, and means buisness!! :p

The P-51 represented the credo - a bunch, quickly and cheaply but still able to do the job.

America built several aircraft that were better, and more inovative including the P-38 and the F4U.

FYI: the P-51 was called the spam can because it wasn't very strong and had the worst return rate of all the top US fighters.

wmaxt

I would say the P-47 was more American, as CC said. It's big, rugged and can't take corners...just like American cars! :lol:

How about the Russians? Many of their aircraft did not have toe brakes, instead they used a bicycle grip on the stick, braked and turned with differential pressures. I also think beginning with the Yak-9 instead of a wheel trim control, they used a "slider" level - forward, nose down, aft nose up.

Italian planes were, well, Italian! This means individual, a notable example being that to increse engine power you pulled the throttle back on most of their planes 8)

P38 Pilot said:
I think the P51D represents America the best. Its strong, quick, and means buisness!! :p

If you say so. I guess you are one of those people that thinks the P-51 was the best thing since woman and beer. The P-47 and P-38 represent the USA much better than the P-51. Out of the 3 things you stated strong, quick, and means buisness for the P-51 the only thing that is true is its quick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back