How it all began, rare Wright flyer footage, 1909

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

evangilder

"Shooter"
Sep 17, 2004
Moorpark, CA
www.vg-photo.com
This flight demonstration of American aviation pioneer Wilbur Wright was of a special historic nature: it involved images from the first camera aboard a plane! The two-seater plane with Wilbur Wright at the helm did a lap before an audience of photographers, army men and noteworthy moustached men and just avoided the cameraman on the ground. Then the plane started up again, followed a launching pad and took off: the camera was fixed for the first time on the ground that gave way…and the emotion was there, so great you could almost touch it! The image was as unstable as the cabin of the plane flying at low altitude, flying over the countryside and gradually approaching a town.

From such humble beginnings to where we are today, a little over 100 years later is truly amazing. Enjoy this little clip. Make sure to watch the second half with a camera mounted on the airplane!
Wilbur Wright und seine Flugmaschine - 1909 - Europa Film Treasures

wow, the quality of the footage is amazing even for its time! absolutely remarkable piece of footage, beautiful find!

WOW! I have never seen that. I think I have seen clips, but nothing to that quality. You really get the feeling of the event.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back