How many unfinished Kits do you have?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

A-6E Tram - White
S-A/B Viking - White
C-105 Arrow - Really white
CT-155 Hawk - Managed to bugger up the NFTC marking on the tail.
Seafire Mk.XV - Buggered up the RCN serial(Now have replacement)
RCAF P-51 Mustang - Cobbled together decals to make the codes. Now have the proper codes and will replaced.
Spitfire Mk. VIII - Now have the decals to finish as James "Stocky" Edwards aircraft.
P-40F - Looking for decals to finish as James "Stocky" Edwards aircraft.
P̶-̶4̶0̶N̶ ̶-̶ ̶D̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶a̶i̶n̶t̶ ̶s̶c̶h̶e̶m̶e̶.̶ ̶F̶o̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶R̶C̶A̶F̶ ̶s̶c̶h̶e̶m̶e̶.̶
Spitfire Mk.V - Need white code letter decals to finish as George Beurlings aircraft.
Me109E - Now have decals to finish as "captured" British aircraft.
Fw190D - Probably strip the paint off, redo, and decal as a "captured" aircraft.
P-26 Peashooter - tiny exhausts went hither and yon.
L-4 Grasshopper - engine mounting problems.
P̶-̶4̶0̶0̶ ̶A̶i̶r̶a̶c̶o̶b̶r̶a̶ ̶-̶ ̶N̶o̶w̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶d̶e̶c̶a̶l̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶f̶i̶n̶i̶s̶h̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶6̶0̶1̶s̶q̶n̶ ̶a̶i̶r̶c̶r̶a̶f̶t̶
P-47N - Built but needs paint and now have decals for "The Shell Pusher", my call sign on CFS3.
Sack AS-6 - Problems mounting the innards.
E.E. Lightning F.6 - Something to do with the front end.
CA-13 Boomerang - Vac-form clear parts, I think.
Il-2 Sturmovik - Trying to create a worn winter camouflage, lost interest.
SDB-3 - Problems fitting the gunners station.
Ju87G - Lost the antenna mast.
Me109F - Can't remember why I stopped this one but now have decals for a "captured" aircraft.
Typhoon Mk.Ib - Missing instuctions
Fw 190A-3 - I forgot I had started this.
Amended the amended list. Me 109E is done, photos in a bit.

Geo

Last edited:
Amended the above list to include a Hasegawa Fw 190A-3 I forgot I had started and is about ¾ done :oops:. I'll start finishing it in the "What's on the Workbench" Thread. To be done as a "captured" bird

I currently have 26 unbuilt kits and 3 more inbound but I don't count them until they arrive. George turned me onto this, great site!

Share your stash: rbruceporter - Stash

Key word Robert is the "unfinished" part let's not even get into the realm of un-built for Lord Wayne rules that and probably unfinished?For me it's about 200 un-built and 10-15 unfinished.

Unfinished vs unstarted makes a big difference. Those that I've started (and not forgotten about) are:

1/48 Hasegawa Bf109G-6
1/48 Testors/Italeri kitbashed CF-5 Freedom Fighter (still pretty bashed)
1/24 Airfix Bf109E
1/48 Tamiya P-47M (my stalled Nose Art GB entry which I plan to get back to soon)

plus a few armour kits I've given up on.

Update:

1/48 Hasegawa Bf109G-6 - DONE
1/48 Testors/Italeri kitbashed CF-5 Freedom Fighter (still pretty bashed) - STILL UNFINISHED
1/24 Airfix Bf109E - STILL UNFINISHED
1/48 Tamiya P-47M (my stalled Nose Art GB entry which I plan to get back to soon) - DONE

New Unfinished:

1/48 Academy P-38F
1/350 USS Princeton
1/48 Ar196
1/48 Swordfish (almost done)

Unfinished eh ?
I'm saying nothing - noo-thing. (I am from Barthelona !).
With my recent performance, or should that be non-performance, the list seems to have grown and, the way things are going, the 'un-finished' list could soon (almost) equal the 'un-started' list !

Back in, or around, 2010, I had the bright idea of starting out on a series of builds for my 'Battle of Britain - The Hardest Days' collection, featuring a total of 25 models, in 1/48th scale, all of which were to be linked directly to particular pilots / crews in specific combats in the period August 15th to September 7th.
The aim was to display the finished collection, along with suitably relevant, illustrated, 'exhibition' panels, at my local Ex-Serviceman's Club, during the 75th anniversary of the Battle, over the weekend of 'Battle of Britain Day' (16th September), or close to that date, allowing for airshow attendance, with that anniversary having now been and gone, back in 2015 !
Models (for that 'collection') built so far - one, which was done some 20+ years ago !
Models started - er ....... about two, which have only had parts removed from the sprues, and some scribed marks added where cuts or other mods are required !
Will I get them all built, and finished, for the 80th Anniversary ?
Er ........ ah ........ oh, look, is that the time ?
I must go, got to see a dog about a man .................. and count the other unfinished models. Now, where did I put my calculator, as I'm sure to need it to add-up all the figures !!!

Just the two for me.
B-26, monogram, doubt i will ever finish it and may end up as a hack to practice airbrush techniques on.

Bf 110 G-2, Revell, all painted and glossed waiting for me to pluck up the courage to start masking the canopy.

Both 1/48

Just the two for me.
B-26, monogram, doubt i will ever finish it and may end up as a hack to practice airbrush techniques on.

Bf 110 G-2, Revell, all painted and glossed waiting for me to pluck up the courage to start masking the canopy.

Both 1/48
You and I share the same issue, Canopy masking! Someone could make some serious money and build a huge store of good Karma if they were willing to offer a service to mask canopies by mail!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back