How many unfinished Kits do you have?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I have just the one, an Eduard Dora that was a bit beyond my pay grade as it turned out and I got so frustrated with i havent sat at the workbench in a year or so...

Wanted, one modelling mojo, last seen evaporating ina puff of ill fitting wheel well parts

Amending the list...

A-6E Tram - White
S-A/B Viking - White
C-105 Arrow - Really white
CT-155 Hawk - Managed to bugger up the NFTC marking on the tail.
Seafire Mk.XV - Buggered up the RCN serial(Now have replacement)
RCAF P-51 Mustang - Cobbled together decals to make the codes. Now have the proper codes and will replaced.
Spitfire Mk. VIII - Now have the decals to finish as James "Stocky" Edwards aircraft.
P-40F - Looking for decals to finish as James "Stocky" Edwards aircraft.
P̶-̶4̶0̶N̶ ̶-̶ ̶D̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶a̶i̶n̶t̶ ̶s̶c̶h̶e̶m̶e̶.̶ ̶F̶o̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶R̶C̶A̶F̶ ̶s̶c̶h̶e̶m̶e̶.̶
Spitfire Mk.V - Need white code letter decals to finish as George Beurlings aircraft.
Me109E - Now have decals to finish as "captured" British aircraft.
Fw190D - Probably strip the paint off, redo, and decal as a "captured" aircraft.
P-26 Peashooter - tiny exhausts went hither and yon.
L-4 Grasshopper - engine mounting problems.
P̶-̶4̶0̶0̶ ̶A̶i̶r̶a̶c̶o̶b̶r̶a̶ ̶-̶ ̶N̶o̶w̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶d̶e̶c̶a̶l̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶f̶i̶n̶i̶s̶h̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶6̶0̶1̶s̶q̶n̶ ̶a̶i̶r̶c̶r̶a̶f̶t̶
P-47N - Built but needs paint and now have decals for "The Shell Pusher", my call sign on CFS3.
Sack AS-6 - Problems mounting the innards.
E.E. Lightning F.6 - Something to do with the front end.
CA-13 Boomerang - Vac-form clear parts, I think.
Il-2 Sturmovik - Trying to create a worn winter camouflage, lost interest.
SDB-3 - Problems fitting the gunners station.
Ju87G - Lost the antenna mast.
Me109F - Can't remember why I stopped this one but now have decals for a "captured" aircraft.

Geo

I only have around 90 kits to be built, and around 8 or 9 models to finish. I've worked it out that, at my present build-rate, I'll be 112 years old by the time I finish them all .................................

My unfinished kits:
F-14 Tomcat 1/144 - under construction right now (never stopped!), estimated finish time: 4 days
YF-22 1/72 - partially assembled, need decals and painting. Build stopped about 10 years ago, just lost interest...
RA-5C 1/72 - assembled and painted, some decals applied. Unfortunately after few months some deep sinks of putty occurred (I used ton of putty to make him right). After this catastrophe I lost interest in puttying and painting again. I bought another kit of Vigilante.
EA-6A 1/72 - generally painted and some decals applied. Abandoned about 10 years ago. Never fully assembled cause I can't decide if I should make wings folded or not.
P-51D 1/72 - many times painted and washed to find the best way of NMF. Now a test model.
Me 262A 1/72 - that's my OPUS MAGNUM. Extremely opened and detailed scratch-built conversion. Abandoned about 10 years ago. Main components already sculpted. Some minor detail will have to be done. Need assembling and painting.
Bf 109V21 1/72 - scratch-built conversion to a radial powered Messer. Most geometry work was done. Lost interest after new model kit was released.
AH-1W Super Cobra 1/72 - built stopped some 10 years ago after rescribing all panel lines. Assembly never started, just little painting on the cockpit parts was done. Now project emerged. Estimated finish time: 3-4 months.
MQ-8B 1/48 - resin kit started about 2 months ago with strong intention of quick build. All airframe assembled, but now waiting for some details, which missing after sanding. Estimated finish time: 1 month.
MiG-23MF 1/48 - started about year ago. Some parts glued, other parts I cut on minor pieces (all moving surfaces are separated). Replacement resin parts din't fitted well. For 6 months I'm looking at the box and wait if all or any of these parts jumps on their places?
TS-11 Iskra 1/48 - all resin kit. About 6 months ago I cut the main parts from the resin blocks for a fitting purposes but not glued. Model waits for a painting masks which has not been released yet.

Are you suggesting the davetheWWIInut's aim is to collect 190 of 190's? That's make sense! :idea:

However, 190 is a quite low number. Let's try do the same with 787 Dreamliners :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back