How would you answer?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

"Do you know the hatred that shirt represents?"

"Yeah, I do. I understand that most T-shirts used to be made in the US and are now made all over the world by people making pennies an hour. Or worse yet, being pumped out by machines. Once apon a time, the average t-shirt was made in a plant in the US. But no more and those jobs have left the country.

I feel your pain brother."

Like Zippy the Pinhead said, "If you can't say something nice, say something surreal."

hahahaha. I like it, Tim!!!!

Well i think i would say" sir i understand the meaning of this shirt,and the fact that it represents a regime that did absolutly despicable things, but at the same time this man represented his country, not his king, and he did what he had to do. In my oppinion he did his job very well same as every fighter that fought in the air. He did what a soldier would do ....followed his orders." if the guy still had a problem i would get all lesofprimus on him and ask his ass what the f##k were you doing for the country you lived or born at the time! im not old enough to have been in that war but it looks to me like youve been around since the crusades and are probably just as much a jackass now as they were then:D (sorry for the reference Dan)

I would like to say that I wouldn't be so harsh on the guy. In my country such a t-shirt could be easily offensive to a lot of people. I know it's bad to be intollerant and personally I don't have anything agianst such a t-shirt, though I wouldn't put on this t-shirt, and I can understand why it can be perceived as something bad by a lot of people. The plane which of course is guilty of no bad thing (the people are) but it represents a regime which made a very bad things. Plus in Europe, I'm not sure if in whole Europe, but in Poland and Germany we have problems we neo-nazi movements. So wearing such a t-shirt you can be seen as a member of such movements. Especially by people which are not aviation enthusiast.

Just my two cents.

I do understand where Marshall, Seesul, Wojtek, and all our English friends would have a different view of the shirt. And out of respect for them and their culture, I wouldn't even think of wearing it if I ever got the opportunity to visit their countries.

It seems to me that this guy read a magazine article about WWII and that's all he knows about it. He probably believes the Japanese were just like the Bugs Bunny cartoons.

I don't know.......I was cool explaining it to him until he huffed and walked away. That just shows a closed and ignorant mind, IMO.

I do understand where Marshall, Seesul, Wojtek, and all our English friends would have a different view of the shirt. And out of respect for them and their culture, I wouldn't even think of wearing it if I ever got the opportunity to visit their countries.

It seems to me that this guy read a magazine article about WWII and that's all he knows about it. He probably believes the Japanese were just like the Bugs Bunny cartoons.

I don't know.......I was cool explaining it to him until he huffed and walked away. That just shows a closed and ignorant mind, IMO.

To be clear on this, I don't think you did something wrong wearing this t-shirt or talking like you talked to that guy, but I can imagine that such a thing (wearing this t-shirt) can to some people bring some very bad memories. I don't know if that was the case with that guy, probably not and he was just an ignorant.

I have 2 x T-shirts with a Spitfire, P-40, Hurricane, and Mustang on the back.

Should I worry about offending someone?

Nowadays........yes.

You could offend people of German, Italian, or Japanese heritage that had family members shot down by these planes.

Geez, you can't make anyone happy anymore. People will find something to complain about.

I would like to say that I wouldn't be so harsh on the guy. In my country such a t-shirt could be easily offensive to a lot of people. I know it's bad to be intollerant and personally I don't have anything agianst such a t-shirt, though I wouldn't put on this t-shirt, and I can understand why it can be perceived as something bad by a lot of people. The plane which of course is guilty of no bad thing (the people are) but it represents a regime which made a very bad things. Plus in Europe, I'm not sure if in whole Europe, but in Poland and Germany we have problems we neo-nazi movements. So wearing such a t-shirt you can be seen as a member of such movements. Especially by people which are not aviation enthusiast.

Just my two cents.

marshall we could understand why such t-shirt would be ofensive for some polish people. but for an american or a brazilian or any other country that wasnt heavly striked by germans. just cant understand why.

Adolf Galland wasn't a Nazi, but he was a German who fought for his country. I admire the technology and creativity the planes he flew displayed, and I respect his willingness to fight for his homeland.

CD

Geez, you can't make anyone happy anymore. People will find something to complain about.

Thats pretty much it... I think you've answered it right there and then.

Now how about if the shirt had "WWII aircraft restoration society" or something on it. Would he then have made the connection with the machine and the reasoning for the shirt?

I think there's many correct answers for this, from a quick F-off to a long-winded reply such as the ones above. But no matter how you choose to do it, an ignorant mind cannot be breached.

I was wearing my t-shirt the other day where on the front it says Messerschmitt Bf-109 and on the back is a full color picture of Adolf Galland's 109.

I guy who was probably 50 stopped me and said, "Do you know the hatred that shirt represents?"

What would your response to him be? I'd like to hear what ya'll would have said before I post what I did say.

OK I'll take a stab at this...

"Yes sir, I do know the hatred that this shirt represents, it represents MY HATRED for the hypocritical wimps and appeasers that allowed a corporal, a chicken farmer a drug addict to take a country with NO TANKS, NO AIR FORCE and NO NAVY, build 1,000's of these aircraft and crush the whole of continental Europe while the Democracies sat idle.

Sorry to say that we still have these IGNORANT peacniks today, who protest and insult our brave military men, while taking advantage of THE SOLDIERS sacrifice to drive their gas-guzzling SUV's down to excersize first amendment rights at the anti-war protest.

I'm sure glad you arn't one of those ignorant buffoons, sir
"

Since not many people in their right mind would actually come up to me and say something like that, this turd obviously has thrust his unwarranted opinion on others in the past...

My reply would be simple:

"Do I look like the kind of guy that gives a sh!t what an ******* like urself thinks???"

Then I would stare him down...

Since not many people in their right mind would actually come up to me and say something like that, this turd obviously has thrust his unwarranted opinion on others in the past...

My reply would be simple:

"Do I look like the kind of guy that gives a sh!t what an ******* like urself thinks???"

Then I would stare him down...
sFun_scared.gif

and the old addage..."opinions are like as*holes..." comes to mind...
Those that don't have an opinion....does that mean that they don't have an *sshole? :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back