Howland Island Wreckage

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

MDV

Recruit
Feb 28, 2009
Good day gents, I'm a retired USN Master Chief Master Diver looking for information on the amphibious plane wreckage on Howland Island. I found your neat website during my search and though you guys may offer me some help in my search. Thanks for your time.

Howland and Baker are off limits to most people. If you end up going there, I hope you post pictures!!!!!

BTW, buried somewhere in the archives, is a thread I did a couple years ago of this island. From what I remember, there is no lagoon and the outer reef is only a couple hundred yards wide.

Good luck on your search, Master Chief. Does this sound like an Amelia
Earhart mystery or what ? Wasn't she suppose to be enroute to Howland
when she went missing ??

Charles (Retired RM)

Hi FlyboyJ,

Do you know of a source for more dimensional drawings like those Harney Drawings? It looks like the kind of data that would be useful for 3D modeling, but the set posted there is obviously not enough.

Regarding Ms. Earhart: That's a pretty horrible place and way to die.

Thanks.
- Ivan.

Hi FlyboyJ,

Do you know of a source for more dimensional drawings like those Harney Drawings? It looks like the kind of data that would be useful for 3D modeling, but the set posted there is obviously not enough.

Regarding Ms. Earhart: That's a pretty horrible place and way to die.

Thanks.
- Ivan.

I don't Ivan but maybe some of our other members may know of a source.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back