Hi Matt,
>Laugh it up funny boys. There are unexplained things observed that I don't think can be earmarked as weather phenomena nor military craft. Ask around if folks have ever seen something they can't explain.
Actually, I have experienced a UFO sighting myself. Giantic, pink, constantly morphing flying object on a bright, clear summer day, several other witnesses around me.
I don't know what kind of stories I'd tell about extraterrestrians today if I hadn't been able to fetch my field glasses hurriedly to discover that there was a rather simple explanation (little pink balloons tied to each other).
The conditions on that day had coinceded to create a perfect illusion - the key was that extremely clear air completely mislead everyone about the distance, and thus the size of the object.
(Science Fiction author Arthur C. Clarke - Odyssee 2001 - once said: "I don't believe in UFOs, I have seen too many of them.")
In short, we will always get UFO sightings regardless of whether there are actually any extraterrestrians around or not. (Hardly suprising considering that you'll seldom find three witnesses agreeing on what exactly happened in any random traffic accident!)
But of course, the existence of explicable UFOs doesn't prove the absence of aliens
Regards,
Henning (HoHun)