Hurricane Mk. IV.....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lucky13

Forum Mascot
Aug 21, 2006
In my castle....
Now, having scored the 1/48 Hasegawa Hurricane Mk. IV, I've got three birds on the list of possibilities...

_3_zpsrzuchips.jpg

First is:
LF113, which is a Mk. IV Trop, she's armed with 40mm cannons, flying with No. 20 Squadron in India, involved in attacks on Japanese road traffic in Burma in 10/44.

Second is:
KZ553, also a Mk. IV Trop, same again, armed with 40mm cannons. This bird is flying with No. 6 Squadron in Italy and Grottaglie, taking part in anti tank missions in support of the 8th Army, 01/44 and is coded JV-B...

The third one and the one that I'm quite tempted to do is:
KZ378, this is a rocket armed Mk. IV, flying with No. 184 Squadron, flying rocket attacks on coastal shipping from Manston. She's missing after shipping strike off the Dutch coast on the 28/06/43 and she was coded BR-V...
Unfortunately, I don't know the name of the pilot..

hurmk4_zpswktukz7v.gif

HurriIVradbombracks1-48_zpshilcajg0.jpg

HurriIVrockets1-48_zpspcmtbcoe.jpg

hawker-hurricane-mk-iv-fighter-02_zpsg0bcergk.png

hawker-hurricane-mk-iv-fighter-03_zpsaumqzdma.png

Now, question is.....can I 'borrow' the rockets, with the blast plate from a Typhoon, or if possible, use a resin replacement?

I did mine the one used in Burma with the rockets under one wing and the long range fuel tank other the other

Users who are viewing this thread

Back