I bet.....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lucky13

Forum Mascot
Aug 21, 2006
In my castle....
....that this moved, when you 'stepped' on it! 8)

boats-broads_zps14e9b654.jpg

I would think so Jan but ONE gust of wind under that flat prow and you are doing somersaults backwards. My Kawi Jet Ski will do 60-65mph flat out and that is scary in water. Have flipped once or twice at 45-50 and that HURT

:lol: On a more sober note, in the 70's, a buddy had a 10 foot, fiberglass over plywood, rated for a 20hp outboard. A nice little ride but what happens if we put a 70hp Evinrude on 'er. Needed an extra passenger or a full fuel tank to prevent what Mr. Wint said would happen with the wind.

Geo

Know the feeling Mike, back flipped once racing gokart, drove up to close to the guy in front of me, hit his drivers, track, drivers back, blue sky and track again, no overall, my back wasn't a pretty sight, bloody sore too!

It's more a case of what happens to the transom with that heavy a motor and also the boats trim. Had a 20ft Pro-Craft fishing boat with a 180hp outboard. It took about 15yrs but the transom started to crack and give-way. Had to scrap the boat

I had a 22' custom back in the 80's powered by a fuel injected 454 marine...that thing would slice across the water like a warm knife through soft butter.

Not still having it today is one of the many regrets I have...

Amongst my bits of paper I have a RHIB coxswain licence. The RHIB is fast, stable and an excellent sea boat.

A 7.5 - 8 metre hull with an inboard diesel has all the quantities you need.

download (1).jpg

Plus its brilliant fun :)

SWMBO and I have acquired over 400 L.P.'s. All the finest of Rock, and even Roll. From ABBA to Zappa.
With several turntables. Technics is my favorite.
I have triple of all the Led Zeppelin albums. One set for playing, one set for pristine covers, and one set for back-ups.
Same for Boston and Journey. (the Journey ones are hers.)
I am still looking for a couple of Tommy James and the Shondells, and one elusive "Kings" album. The one with the 1979 hit, "Switchin' to Glide". Canadian band, so if any of you Canucks have one and would like to part with it....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back