"I keep a Pan-zer in the Cel-lar " (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

javlin

2nd Lieutenant
Nov 20, 2007
MS
Cellars are usually the host of a number of objects of memories and interests from the past, but some people go that extra mile to satisfy their craving for the past memorabilia. A raid in a German town resulted in the discovery of a Second World War Panther tank along with a number of other weaponry including torpedoes from the cellar of a local pensioner

https://www.warhistoryonline.com/war-articles/ww2-panther-tank-recovered-from-a-cellar.html

They also showed a 36cm flak gun full configuration platform and all .I like to visit that fellas museum :shock:

The Panther tank was removed from the 78-year-old's house in the town of Heikendorf, along with a variety of other military equipment, including a torpedo and an anti-aircraft gun, Der Tagesspiegel website reports. It wasn't an easy job to get it all out - the army had to be called in with modern-day tanks to haul the Panther from its cellar. It took about 20 soldiers almost nine hours to extract the tank - which was without its tracks - and push it onto a low-loader, the report says. As the surreal scene unfolded, local residents gathered at the end of the driveway to watch.

Germany: WW2 Panther tank seized from pensioner's cellar - BBC News

Attachments

• 47fc52479f3a241d7b0f6a706700fe40.jpg
    47fc52479f3a241d7b0f6a706700fe40.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 298
  • _84032905_hi027992625.jpg
    _84032905_hi027992625.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 273
Last edited:
If he's 78 now, he was 8 in 1945.

So how did he end up with this stuff I wonder ?

Passed down to him by the older generation maybe ?

Apparently he was seen driving the Panther around the town about thirty years ago .....
Aparently, he was using it to plow snow during one an exceptional snowstorm...the locals knew he had all that stuff...

What got this guy busted, was his black market Nazi memorabilia dealings. Somehow, he managed to obtain and sell, the two gold horses that used to be at Hitler's front door at one of his homes. How in God's name he managed to get his hands on that stuff is beyond me.

ya got to have a hobby....but now maybe I ought to go sift through the boxes and stuff at my parent's house...maybe he has a mustang stashed in his basement..

Aparently, he was using it to plow snow during one an exceptional snowstorm...the locals knew he had all that stuff...

What got this guy busted, was his black market Nazi memorabilia dealings. Somehow, he managed to obtain and sell, the two gold horses that used to be at Hitler's front door at one of his homes. How in God's name he managed to get his hands on that stuff is beyond me.

You would be surprised at what hits the market from time to time. I only shake my head and wish I was rich...

Just noticed it's an interesting hybrid, similar to the one at the Tank Museum, Bovington, UK, which was completed after the war, under Allied supervision.
It's a late-model hull (Ausf.G), with an earlier turret (Ausf. A).

It was pointed out here that this guy had more military capability than three EU nations as far as tracked vehicles goes.

Will be Nice to his stuff in the future for sure ! Hope he gets to keep it.

Just noticed it's an interesting hybrid, similar to the one at the Tank Museum, Bovington, UK, which was completed after the war, under Allied supervision.
It's a late-model hull (Ausf.G), with an earlier turret (Ausf. A).

So it's like maybe he acquired it all legally :dontknow: Just say'in.The PC people of this world get all crazy when citizen's own this but we have rarely heard of an abuse except for that one time with the tank on the hwy.I think it could be said that Never has a shot occurred out of anger/malice.

Will be Nice to his stuff in the future for sure ! Hope he gets to keep it.
A pristine Panther? You know perfectly well that the "state" will appropiate it for various reasons and it will end up in their museum

So it's like maybe he acquired it all legally :dontknow: Just say'in.The PC people of this world get all crazy when citizen's own this but we have rarely heard of an abuse except for that one time with the tank on the hwy.I think it could be said that Never has a shot occurred out of anger/malice.
Did you notice everyone was soiling their drawers over the Panther but no one really said anything about the Flak Gun? (which is FREAKIN' badass in it's own right).

Also, it seems that no one was complaining that he had the Panther 30 years ago when he was using it to clear snow and help haul people out of the ditches during that brutal snowstorm...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back