I will be 50 years old soon.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

meatloaf109

1st Lieutenant
Jan 1, 2012
north carolina
On July the 15th I will turn 50. This is something that I have tried to keep from happening. I have lead a life of serious debauchery with the idea of not living to this age. I drink to excess, I smoke too much, I was after any and all ladies, (before I was married), I put salt on everything, even my breakfast cereal,.... all to no avail.
My physical, (required by my employer), just last week revealed that I am overweight, but am otherwise healthy as a horse. No liver problems, not a "border-line diabetic", no high blood pressure.
Damn. It's not like I didn't try, or anything...
I was considering a 9mm to the head, except that I have had 13 concussions so far. As I think my head might be made of titanium there may be no point to that, so.....
I guess I will continue on.

I was considering a 9mm to the head, except that I have had 13 concussions so far.

So your one of those Guy's also ..I myself have had seven.. KO'ed a couple of times w/head bleeding what a mess...But I persist also @54..Stink'in migraines sometimes!

Hey Paul, 50 isn't as bad as some make it out to be!

I consider reaching 50 to qualify me for the "Mean Bastard" club and a milestone in it's own right.

I've been put to the test with my share of lacerations and contusions over the years and if that weren't enough, just a few months after my 50th birthday, I was put to the ultimate test in that head-on wreck. The old carcass was battered but I've made it back to a semi-motive state. This in itself proves you can't put a mean bastard down easily! :lol:

As far as skulls go, the jury is still out on whether I have a solid, high-grade German head-bone or if it's simply the Scottish ancestry being stubborn again. In either case, I doubt a 9mm or even a .45 would do any damage to my head...perhaps an MG151/20 or a Mk108 would do the trick? :evil4:

Bottom line, we're glad you're here and I look foreward to your "I will be 60 years old soon" thread :thumbleft:

* edit *
It also occurred to me that I took this picture about 3 hours before that head-on wreck back in 2013...I know it's not a pickelhaub like yours, but thought you might get a kick out of the Prussian Uhlan helmet and if I had died in that wreck, it would have been the last photograph taken of me while I was alive.

IPN 269[640x480].jpg

Last edited:
Well happy early birthday any way. Hell, I'm 65 wishing that I was 50 again. With that said, now you'll get to join the "THE OLD A$$HOLES CLUB".

Hey Paul, 50 isn't as bad as some make it out to be!

I consider reaching 50 to qualify me for the "Mean Bastard" club and a milestone in it's own right.

I've been put to the test with my share of lacerations and contusions over the years and if that weren't enough, just a few months after my 50th birthday, I was put to the ultimate test in that head-on wreck. The old carcass was battered but I've made it back to a semi-motive state. This in itself proves you can't put a mean bastard down easily! :lol:

As far as skulls go, the jury is still out on whether I have a solid, high-grade German head-bone or if it's simply the Scottish ancestry being stubborn again. In either case, I doubt a 9mm or even a .45 would do any damage to my head...perhaps an MG151/20 or a Mk108 would do the trick? :evil4:

Bottom line, we're glad you're here and I look foreward to your "I will be 60 years old soon" thread :thumbleft:

* edit *
It also occurred to me that I took this picture about 3 hours before that head-on wreck back in 2013...I know it's not a pickelhaub like yours, but thought you might get a kick out of the Prussian Uhlan helmet and if I had died in that wreck, it would have been the last photograph taken of me while I was alive.

View attachment 296581

You can't become an official mean bastard until you pass 60. Then you'll take great pleasure in holding those little turds down and farting in their faces.

Ah 50's not so bad old chap, it was at this age that I teamed up with Hilary and it's been a score of great years ever since. True I've had my share of ups and downs and there are a few bits of me missing from the inside, but I'm a happy man with an expectation of have many more years of fun.

b0227.gif

So Paul me old mate, keep up the salt, enjoy the drink. Hell man, your almost 50, so now is the time to start living and enjoying life to the full as best you can. So while your drooling over that salted porridge of a morning, switch to a bacon butty, there so much tastier, and when no one is looking, drop a slug of whisky in your coffee.

Ah 50's not so bad old chap, it was at this age that I teamed up with Hilary and it's been a score of great years ever since. True I've had my share of ups and downs and there are a few bits of me missing from the inside, but I'm a happy man with an expectation of have many more years of fun.

b0227.gif

So Paul me old mate, keep up the salt, enjoy the drink. Hell man, your almost 50, so now is the time to start living and enjoying life to the full as best you can. So while your drooling over that salted porridge of a morning, switch to a bacon butty, there so much tastier, and when no one is looking, drop a slug of whisky in your coffee.
The best advice ever!!

And remember when we were kids, we were told to listen to our elders!

Well, it's not like you didn't try.........but we are glad you failed.

I am 13 months from being the big 5-0. HOLY CRAP, I am 13 months from being 50!!!! Didn't really hit me until just this moment. I remember my 40th like it was a couple years ago.

Ah well. There are many things we have control over, but a few things that we don't are birth, time, and death. Embrace it and cherish the ride!

You guys make me feel young :lol: I'll be 40 next month. When I started here, I was one of the youngsters at 31.... Now I know I'm still one of the youngsters...

From now on, I will call everybody here 'grandpa' ;)

Paul, FIFTY!!, that's a five and a zero, YEARS.... Jeeze! you're just a BABY!! I'd give the left one to be that young again. I have more friends on the Wall than in life.
SO youngin: "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, leaking oil, on fire, in a cloud of smoke, reeking of gunpowder, women and whiskey, loudly proclaiming "Holy ****! What a Ride!"

It also helps to: Be the kind of man that the Devil doesn't want to die because he knows you'll take over the place.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back