Ice Pilots TV show

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

pbfoot

1st Lieutenant
Apr 14, 2005
niagara falls
Looks like a real flying reality show in the same vein as Ice Road Truckers using Buffalo Airways as the focus
Buffalo Airways has a fair Fleet of aircraft coming the local history channel Nov 18 09

Lockheed L-188 Electra Freighter's
Douglas DC-4's
Douglas DC-4 Tankers
Douglas DC-3's
Curtiss C-46's
Canadair CL-215's
Canso's
Baron's
King Air's
Travel Air's
Cessna 185
Norseman
Nice low flying in a DC4

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TScXkP4KDMU
and the official promo below

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeAFBoo7tbA

Last edited:
I have a slight problem in believing none of you guys are not the least interested in a show about C47s, 46's Cat's and others . Check your history channels out . I actually am anticipating a pretty good show.

No, the youtube video was pretty cool looking, but I'm not sure if this is going to show right now on the History Channel i get on satellite. Using Google, this show comes up with tags for a Canadian History channel but a quick scan of the website of the one I receive way down here; came up empty. If someone has found it listed for The History Channel in southern US...could you post this?
Thanks for the heads up, pbfoot!
Derek

real good show a reality show in aviation thats IMHO is well done for example a crew had to swap a engine on the C46 in the open with temps at -25c ,
I hope all you foreigners:lol: will get this show on your History networks .

My brother and I were in Yellowknife for a week or so last summer. Spent half the time at the airport, snapping pics of the Buffalo fleet. Buffalo Joe was away, but we met Mike and all the rest of the crew. Good bunch of people, great old planes. They were still having trouble with the #2 engine on the C46! Damn, that's a big plane for two engines, almost B17 size. Impressive.
The guys said Joe tried to keep the Golly-Gee-Whiz BS factor to a minimum, but the movie guys managed to sneak some in when he wasn't looking. Oh, well, still a good show.

Yeah, dramatic stuff. And that after losing an oil seal, and a runaway engine on the way to the Spain.

I'm hooked on this show and look forward to the rest of the episodes.

Thanks to Neil for the link I am on episode 3 already.... great stuff!! Props to the mechanic that was working on the C-46 engine for 10 days :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back