Identifying new WW2 wreck off Pt Loma, San Diego

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

congrats on the find, I look for ww2 aircraft wrecks where ever im on holidays, but usually in clean waters. youve got to deal with the cold, bad viz and Sharks. well done :)

Thanks! We recently also found an F8F Bearcat that is almost completely intact. I'm glad you send me this note. I was going to post about it to this forum but forgot. I'll create a separate post about it shortly.

- brett

Thanks! We recently also found an F8F Bearcat that is almost completely intact. I'm glad you send me this note. I was going to post about it to this forum but forgot. I'll create a separate post about it shortly.

- brett
Bearcat is a rare bird, its a pitty salt water destroys the airframes , in many cases the only survivors of some types are in salt water

Bearcat is a rare bird, its a pitty salt water destroys the airframes , in many cases the only survivors of some types are in salt water

Yes, agreed. In case you didn't see the other post I made, here is a link to the info about the F8F-1:

- brett

More about an airplane wreck we found off Pt Loma, San Diego, California.

The visibility was pretty poor on both dives we did and I have wanted to return to build a much better photogrammetry model of the wreck site. We went back last Friday and had excellent conditions. I built a really nice 3D model.

The blog post with all the details, new photos and links to the on-line 3D model is at:

Here is a screen capture of the online 3D model. The wreck has a lot of strawberry anemones which gives the highlights that pink color.

tbf-model-3.png

Regards,

- brett

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back