If It Can Fly, It Can Float!!!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Blohm Voss Ha 139 "Nordmeer"

nordd5db4.jpg

That Fokker Seaplane wasn't a very common sight, any idea how many were produced?
Little late, but 36 were produced. 12 for the Netherlands, of which 10 fled to the UK in 1940, 19 were build for the Kriegsmarine, and 5 for Finland, which were also used by the Kriegsmarine. One of the machines for Germany fled to the UK in 1941, a nice story.
It also looks good in german colours:
T8W-01.jpg

Better late than never, Marcel! :lol:

I was aware that the Netherland crews were able to make good their escape to England, though I didn't recall the number that made the passage. I do recall reading that the crews and their aircraft were put to work by Coastal Command.

I am surprised that only 36 were made, it looked like a sound design. Perhaps if things had been a little different in the war's timeline, more would have been more produced.

Better late than never, Marcel! :lol:

I was aware that the Netherland crews were able to make good their escape to England, though I didn't recall the number that made the passage. I do recall reading that the crews and their aircraft were put to work by Coastal Command.

I am surprised that only 36 were made, it looked like a sound design. Perhaps if things had been a little different in the war's timeline, more would have been more produced.
Yes, the fokker factory was ran over. They were allowed to finish the unfinished aircraft. This way, the German also got hold of a couple of G-1's. The T-8w was a capable aircraft indeed. It was actually meant as a torpedo bomber. They were only retired because it was obviously hard to get spare parts. Whey the Germans didn't build more was because they needed the Fokker factory for maintaining the German aircraft and it was easier for them to keep on producing the German designes. Not to mention that the German factories had more production capacity.

Thanks for the info Marcel. Anyone have a photo of the Fokker in Coastal Command markings?

Geo
Well, Chris posted some on page 2, but:
Fokker T-8w in the Dutch navy, before the war:
R1.jpg

Fokker T-8w in Dutch war livery:
1_001.jpg

Fokker T-8w in Coastal Command
IWM-CH-1157-FOKKER-T-VIIIW.jpg

A German one (I know I posted one above already)
5020461327_f90256225d_z.jpg

Damn fine Dave, gonna be a beast to find in 1/48 and I like your siggie.

Geo
Looks like a 1/48 scale might be hard to find...I see there is a kit in 1/72 or at least was, at one time, from a Czech company. May take the almighty power of the internet to hunt one down! :lol:

My sig...I thought it might be fun (and a little nostalgic) to put up my old Halloween one, it is from the old days of the forum and the "Artakus" style. Glad ya' like it! :thumbleft:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back