IF YOU WERE RICH AND COULD AFFORD ANY WWII PLANE ...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

FLYBOYJ said:
A PBY! Why?!?

I would fly to places where scantly clothed women could be found along tropical coastlines sunbathing on the beaches or on the decks of boats. :evil4:

Im your co pilot!

.. I remember when I was flying my ultralight: I live close to a river and there are small islands with trees and tiny shores where many girls use to go and sunbath naked and undisturbed.
Big surprise for them to see a big noisy butterfly flying low and slow with a moron smiling and waving hello...

Parmigiano said:
.. I remember when I was flying my ultralight: I live close to a river and there are small islands with trees and tiny shores where many girls use to go and sunbath naked and undisturbed.
Big surprise for them to see a big noisy butterfly flying low and slow with a moron smiling and waving hello...
:evil4:

It probably wouldn't be a bad Idea to pay somebody high up to find the missing designs to the B-29. Than I would pay someone to build it.

Parmigiano said:

:lol:

We would do the same thing when flying around in our Blackhawks over here in Germany.

I think I'd have a Hurricane Mk1 - just love them,
a Ju 57 - so slow and ugly somebody has to show them TLC :)
a Blohm + Voss Bv 141 - the idea behind an asymetric aircraft is fascinating,
and finally an Arado AR 196 - cos I live right next to a lake

if I had the time and not necessairly the funds, but I would go back to Denmark and search to see if there is a surviving Ju 88G-6 after the war. I do know of one Bf 110G-4 from NJG 3 that has been restored and is "hiding" in an old hanger in Denmark. I have photo proof but cannot release the colour photos due to the owners wishes. all I can say it makes a guy drool looking at the machine and the cockpit fully restored and cleaned in the original state

Chris I have over two dozen colur pics while the craft is in the hanger, on a farm. One day hopefully he will write back and say go ahead. I did thoughtlessly put two pics up on a German aviation board some years back trying to clarify a statement and thinking a pic/two would help ............ ooooops the owner got word real quick but was nice enough to be mellow and asked me politely to remove them. Several German chaps wrote me privates asking me where did the pics go that I had posted.

Ah well in time......

I would love to own a P-47 thunderbolt (razorback and bubblecanopy), P-51D and a Battle of Britain Spitfire and Hurricane. Thats not much to ask for.;) :)

Erich said:
if I had the time and not necessairly the funds, but I would go back to Denmark and search to see if there is a surviving Ju 88G-6 after the war. I do know of one Bf 110G-4 from NJG 3 that has been restored and is "hiding" in an old hanger in Denmark. I have photo proof but cannot release the colour photos due to the owners wishes. all I can say it makes a guy drool looking at the machine and the cockpit fully restored and cleaned in the original state

Hehe, I actually think I know where that is :)

Even an expert pilot like me with a grand total of 1 hour flying time wouldnt want to risk sacrificing such a beautiful aircraft... :lol: I suppose I like the idea of the open cockpit, scarf blowing in the wind and flying goggle leaving a red mark around my eyes ;)

You're sure the part about the open cockpit isn't because you like the idea of being able to escape quickly in case of an emergency ?? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back