IF YOU WERE RICH AND COULD AFFORD ANY WWII PLANE ...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

CC, consider to take the MC200 instead, the G50 was extremely tricky. The 200, after they corrected the bad stall of the first units, was reported as a nice plane to fly.
And when landing remember that in Italian planes the throttle was 'upside down'...

I would buy a PZL-11 because it is my favorite aircraft and she is the important part of the Polish Air Force history. The second one is a Mosquito- I love it.

To be honest if I had that kind of money I would travel the world looking for lost aircraft to be restored. Once I found enough I would buy a piece of land and make 7 hangers that are themed out in the area of which there country had them in World War II. This piece of land would also have to be situated next to a body of calm water. Reason being is I would love to see some World War II flying boats flying also. Once I have a pretty good museum going I would open it to the public and put on airshows for others to enjoy.

United States
Great Britain
Soviet Union
Germany
Japan
Other nations such as Poland, Finland, Neitherlands, Italy.

The rarer the aircraft the better is my saying. To me it would be awsome to see such a variety of aircraft in one spot not to mention it would be a world treasure spot for all to see. The ideal collection would be one of every aircraft type that served in World War II. :oops:

Micdrow :oops:

I'd a bought that Fleet class Carrier that was for sale here a few years ago. Formed a composite wing with every Grumman I Could find, Wildcat, Hellcat, Tigercat, Bearcat, Avenger and as a bonus for the Commonwealth folks, a Stringbag, Sea Hurricane, and a Sea Fury.

I'd have to get a F4U-1D Corsair, A P-38J Lightning, and just for something different and because I can afford one, a Reggiane 2005.

How about a Tempest or Typhoon? Got some of the most powerful guns on any WWII fighter and could take it too. Even the FW's had to watch out for them.

I really can't say that would be the one I would want most since there are lots of other planes I like.

Though about the Mustang, I don't think I would buy it. All I have to do is find one of the many pilots that still flies the old Veterans and ask to borrow it for a couple hours. There's plenty to spare if one of them gets a bit knocked up. :lol:

Maybe for bombers a B-29 would be cool.

Bristol-Centaurus powered Sea Fury and the Dash 2 Bearcat.

Parmigiano said:
CC, consider to take the MC200 instead, the G50 was extremely tricky. The 200, after they corrected the bad stall of the first units, was reported as a nice plane to fly.
And when landing remember that in Italian planes the throttle was 'upside down'...

I know there are a bundle of other planes that are more logical and better choices...but for some reason my heart wants a G.50...and I have no idea why :lol:

Super rich: B24

Moderatly rich..... a collection of Japanese aircraft like the (Betty, Tony, Oscar and Zero), all painted up in their unit colors from the SW Pacific

Make mine a JU88 G-6, plenty of room to bring along some friends and they can track other aircraft useing the Radar system for somthing to do while tooling around.
Kevin

I would take the Fokker GI 'cause it was quite a good plane and everybody always seem to forget they ever existed. The only modern plane in the Netherlands, quite heavily armed with 9 machineguns, could have taken up a good fight with the germans had they existed in higher numbers instead of about 20.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back