IF YOU WERE RICH AND COULD AFFORD ANY WWII PLANE ...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Gentlemen, gentlemen, you all have it wrong - PBY all the way and for obvious reasons....

The PBY would certainly fly forever, the only problem is, it takes forever to get anywhere. I suspect that there are few that ran into a slight headwind and are still trying to get back from their patrol in Pacific, luckily, they still have quarter tank of fuel left.

I always thought a Grumman Goose would be a fun aircraft to have. The PBY would be best in the Pacific, but the Goose would be great in the Caribbean although you would have to be more selective with your pax (an advantage?). And it is faster an looks a whole lot better.

Agree - I guess between the two you have to decide how big of a party you want to have...

disp-air-force.jpg

Albatross%20Girls.jpg

If I were rich,it's gotta be the Kikka.I know,it's a Messerschmitt(a good one),but it's still Japanese.

Wow what a thought.

I'm thinking Spitfire Mk IIa, MkIX and a Gustav.

However with all that money Id probably start making spare parts and even replica planes to keep em flying longer and in more numbers.

I would like a Seafire- the intended naval version of the Spitfire plus my own private carrier to carry it if I was that rich. Oh, and a Bf-109T and a Sea Hurricane. And a Japanese Zero for good measure. All carrier planes but that would make a good demonstration for WWII airshows...

Ok, if you want specifics, either a P-51B (with birdcage, not Malcom Hood) in Duane Beesons Olive Drab/Gray "Bee", or Ralph Hofers OD upper/bare metal Malcom-Hood equipped "Salem Representative" with D-Day stripes.

Rest were more for novelty/utility, but the B-Pony is the dream one for me :)

Oh, and a Me-323 for transporting the planes in crates. Don't want to ruin them with too many hours now...

PBY-5A Catalina
P-51D Mustang
P-47N Thunderbolt
P-38L Lightning
F4U-1A Corsair
Douglas Skyraider AD-6
Noorduyn Norseman
Grumman Goose
FW 190D
TA 152H-1
Bf 109G-6
He-219
P-61
Ar-234
HO-229 (sooo cool and all these years ahead with "stealth").
Dornier Do 24
Dornier DO 217M, K and the nightfighters.
Junkers Ju 88, the nightfighters and the speed S version.
Me 110-G
B-29
Nakajima Ki-84 Hayate "Frank"
LA-5
LA-7
Yak-9

I know, my own personal air force...... *laughs* Just inspired watching one of those programs earlier with rich guys and ALL their WWII and later tanks.
I mean, they MUST be more expensive than a WWII fighter, right?

I'd probably buy that G-10 stored in some U.S. museum, forgot which one.. I believe they note it's belonged to some German unit, but a local 109-researcher guy made some research unto it and found it probably belonged to the Hungarian 101 Puma regiment, so it's indeed of great historical/emotional value here, even if my personal favourite is the 109K.

611943_4.jpg

Well not as glamourous but a handy beast a Norseman UC 64 on floats but useful in going to one of this provinces 1,000,000 lakes for fishing , hunting get away weekends you name it was the land rover of WW2 utility aircraft

Attachments

• norse.gif
    norse.gif
    28.6 KB · Views: 108

Users who are viewing this thread

Back