IJA Secret Intelligence Team at Chofu

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

My experimental movie for only 5 seconds but with engine SOUND:D

I have chose this Taic model as it has all necessary parts and settings for movie at the moment.
Hope you to enjoy.
Thanks!

Attachments

• Taic_w_sound00.wmv
    104.5 KB · Views: 55
  • Screen_shot.JPG
    Screen_shot.JPG
    32.4 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Ok, I try it again kaigunair. Thanks.

Article No.22

Voice of America
==========
Author: Mr. Teruo Miyoshi

We were on our way home to the base as completed a patrol flight over the far southern sea from Ensyu-nada(a sea near Nagoya) . When I was sending telegraph "This is aircraft xx(name). Now homing. Direction xx(value)" to a radar base, my partner Sergeant-major said "Catch VOA" (Voice of America in Japanese language).

Connecting his receiver to the radio, I tuned to the frequency. Fluent Japanese started streaming out. At the time, it was strictly prohibited for not only the soldiers but the civillians to listen to VOA. The military police and the special police were watching the soldiers and the civillians respectively to check. Once found, arrested.

For reference, amateur-radio as a hobby was prohibited completely in 1941. 331 shortwave receivers in the country were closed.

..... This story continues

Last edited:
Thanks Wayne for your favorable words too.
Sorry for my devided posts of a translation but I wonder if it might be better than no post or a post altogether at a time much much later. Anyway, here it continues -

Please enjoy, kaigunair, too!

For reference, amateur-radio as a hobby was prohibited completely in 1941. 331 shortwave receivers in the country were closed.

Therefore, we were also prohibited in the base but, in the sky, we listened to it because there were no others but us two.

We were guessing that there were less reliability in the official announcements issued by our General Headquarters(*Dai Hon Ei). It might have been their consideration not to disappoint the people that they exaggerated the war-result with underestimation of the actual damage but, thinking the war situation, it was hard for us to wipe off the impression of impending crisis.

"This is VOA, Voice of America broadcasting to Japanese listeners. Today, we must inform you of a bad news for the listeners. On March 17, your Iwo-jima was fallen and the Japanese army defense corps was regretly destroyed totally. We pray their souls may rest in peace and express condolences from the bottom of our heart for their families. We wish you all the Japanese people to awake immediately to stop this useless war."

After a while, Sergeant-major asked
"Do you think we can win this war?" I could not answer soon.
"A rolling stone goes to the end with no stop but remember the courage to go backward is a truer courage than to go forward."

I awaited his next word but no word came. We kept silence each other for a while.

To hear his word "Cut VOA", I returned to myself.
I recalled there was such an incident sometime ago that a radio crew of another patrol plane had forgot to cut his radio switch and a mass of groundcrews gathered around it to listen to VOA. As a sergeant who was a maintenance leader kindly disregarded it, no one was blamed fortunately.

...... This story still continues.

(The last paragraphs)

..............................As a sergeant who was a maintenance leader kindly disregarded it, no one was blamed fortunately.

Japan was also launching a propaganda radio program.
The program was intended to break the fighting spirit of the US soldiers by stirring up their homesickness.

The female DJ was called "Tokyo Rose" and she was popular with our team members, too.
Her age was estimated around from late 20s to mid 30s. She would have made us homesickness with her sexy voice and intonation before our enemy was made boneless.

As it was broadcasted in English, of course, I was unable to understand what she said but her fluent intonation fascinated me. A communication corporal who happened to be in our team and had been born/grown up in the US but forced repatriation after Pearl Harbor kindly volunteered his translation for me.

"Your girlfriend, wife, father, mother and lovely children are waiting for your coming home. Their irreplaceable one in the world. Yes, it is you..."

Although it is superfluous to say so, I once happened to have a chance in my business to contact with a US soldier of occupation forces in Japan. I asked him if any about the Tokyo Rose. He admitted they were also stirred up their homesickness.

After homing, I would like to tell my colleague the latest news about Iwo-jima but gave up as our listening to VOA would be known.

Note: Voice of America

Japan Standard Time / Frequencies
06:00~07:00 / 9670,11870,15185,17735,17820 kHz
20:00~24:00 / 6110,9645,9760,11705,15425 kHz

/End of Article No.22

Last edited:
Thanks Aaron for your reading and sorry for my long absence from this thread.

I must appreciate kaigunair again for his kick me up.

I have found out my translation for the partial posts like this time is very quick to finish all.
It gave me the least stress unlike before.

Please look forward to the future one.
Thanks!

It's kind of you, Glider and Wayne to have read my posts again.

This kind of topic is very familiar to me as I was also listening to VOA and FEN - Far East Network of American Forces Radio Television Service in Japan when I was a highschool boy.

Also, my father was an electric/radio engineer.
His career was very alike the author's.

Thanks!

thanks shinpachi! I'm always grateful for your postings!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back