IL-2

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right...

Once you have downloaded a skin and unzipped it, follow these steps:

1. Locate your IL-2 folder
2. Locate the PaintSchemes folder within the IL-2 Folder
3. Locate the Skins folder within the PaintSchemes folder
4. Locate the folder for the aircraft whose skin you have downloaded (Example: Bf-109E-4)
5. Paste the skin bmp. in the plane folder

Then, when you play IL-2 and select this plane, in the skins drop-down your new skin will appear

Hope that helps :D

PS: I also make skins, although I only have 3 serious ones. Working on an A6M5 'Reisen' skin as we speak. Post them at il2skins.com as 'CrazyIvanFighter21' :D

I wonder if Maddox will sell all the Il2/FB/AEP/PF gubbins when BoB comes out? If he does that, then it's open season for third party modelers to churn out all sorts of planes, ships, maps ect......

.....which would be nice.

Will Sharx sell Il2skins to Ubi?

See, if he's totally lost interest in the project, but doesn't want to see the site killed off, that seems the most viable solution. However good-natured his intentions, nobody could expect him to keep financing something that he's minimally involved in. Not to mention that the site is fairly valuable, in terms of the traffic it gets.

Short of finding a third party to buy the rights, so to speak, Ubi would be the people you'd expect to take it up. This will mean all the nasty little flamers who honestly believe they're flying in the Second World War will come in and wreck the place. (you sad, sad, little men)

Although in my opinion, it's wrecked already due to certain (ahem!) individuals.

Anyway, in case you haven't already seen it, here's a third party modelled Mosquito cockpit done by a guy called Prangster....

Attachments

• mosquitogunsightview.jpg
    mosquitogunsightview.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 919
  • mosquitopilotseat.jpg
    mosquitopilotseat.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 913
  • mosquitosbrdwingview.jpg
    mosquitosbrdwingview.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 917
  • mosquitonavseat.jpg
    mosquitonavseat.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 911
  • navpositcseup.jpg
    navpositcseup.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 911
  • thtllctrl.jpg
    thtllctrl.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 912
  • cptfloor.jpg
    cptfloor.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 913
  • cpttprgt.jpg
    cpttprgt.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 912
  • enginectlpnl.jpg
    enginectlpnl.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 904
Well, I can't see what could be possibly wrong with it myself, so why not? No doubt the uber-geeks will find something to gripe about with it though.

More than just good my friend - the guy who did that is a real craftsman. Look at the way the navigators leatherette seat cushion has some slight creases in it as a real one would - not to mention the discolouration on the interior panels. I showed Casey (TaffOne) the pics, and he agreed with me.

Anyhoo, drool at the Pfeil third-party model, since that's all you can do at the moment, as it went over the polygon limit that Oleg and the Il2 development team set for such projects. (3000 - if you're both technically minded and interested)

Attachments

• do335pfeil.jpg
    do335pfeil.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 872
Here also is something which might appear in a new patch - cockpit for flyable Ju88! Why this was never done in FB remains something of a mystery to this day........

Attachments

• ju88pedals.jpg
    ju88pedals.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 874
  • ju88rearview.jpg
    ju88rearview.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 874
Nice 8)

The Pfeil looks very good, but something with that much detail wouldnt look right in the game, as the other planes arent as detailed.

Yeah, god knows why they never put in FB, I would love to be the 88.

Oh, the Pfeil has a very good skin on it, and at maximum settings, the aircraft can look like that. It's just that the in-game skins are a bit ropey.

Yup, I used to run it at that, but ive lowered it down now because the frame rate died as soon as I put PF on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back