IL-2

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought so, however, you can up the frame rate by going to the setup panel - don't go into the game - and clicking on the 'sound' tab. Uncheck the box marked 'Audio enhancements and hardware acceleration.' You'll notice a big difference!

Oh, anybody will say FB was better value for money - admittedly the carrier feature in PF is nice, but to shell out £30 for what is a relatively small number of planes and ships, and a series of maps which mainly consist of sea seems a bit excessive to me.

And, without FB/AEP + the patches 2.01/2.04 you'll be hard pressed to find any online servers. There's no way round it, to get the most out of that sim, you need the full monty, and starting from scratch, you'll be looking at a total outlay of around seventy odd quid!

Oleg and Ubi are clever eh?

Hehe...I prefer the feature of flying German planes than Jap planes too. When I install AEP i should be spending a lot more time on it...

Oh, you mean you have FB and PF, but both stand alone? I'm no expert, but I get the feeling, when you get AEP, you'll have to uninstall the whole lot, and then install FB - then AEP - then patch 2.01 then 2.04, and then PF and then the merged 3.01, and then the common .exe for 3.02 then the 3.02bm (phew!) like an enormous layer cake.

Don't panic though! If you need any help when you get AEP, whistle up any H.G and they'll go through the whole process with a minimum of pain to yourself.

Sounds like too much of a pain in the ass to me.. Thank God my comp is too slow to play them.... I played CFS 1 for a long time, got a newer comp, and it wont install on it, hence i dont play flight sims anymore... I sure wish I could tho.... IL-2 sounds like a kick ass game....

*starts to spout tears...

Medvedya said:
Oh, you mean you have FB and PF, but both stand alone? I'm no expert, but I get the feeling, when you get AEP, you'll have to uninstall the whole lot, and then install FB - then AEP - then patch 2.01 then 2.04, and then PF and then the merged 3.01, and then the common .exe for 3.02 then the 3.02bm (phew!) like an enormous layer cake.

Don't panic though! If you need any help when you get AEP, whistle up any H.G and they'll go through the whole process with a minimum of pain to yourself.

Oh dear... *Doesnt actually have any patches at all at the moment*

Ill just uninstall everything, then load it all up again...

The annoying thing is, you can't uninstall ONLY PF; I had a problem, and when I went to uninstall it, it uninstalled PF, AEP, and FB, so I had to reinstall all of them (and the three PF patches [one is in two parts])...

Anyway, never mind that - here are some pics I took from the Christmas Blastie - krapos resolution I know, but hey....

Attachments

• grab0000.jpg
    grab0000.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 79
  • grab0001.jpg
    grab0001.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 69
  • grab0002.jpg
    grab0002.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 71
  • grab0003.jpg
    grab0003.jpg