IL2 ON VISTA

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

B52Millerick

Airman
Sep 25, 2009
Any steps or tips on getting IL2 to work on vista? i have tried lots of different things, but cant get to work?

Install the game in a folder like C:/Games, do not install it in a programs folder.

A side from that, just try running it and see how it goes...

I run it in "XP compatible" mode, and I had to set some "permissions" in the properties tab so that I could change my "config" settings...but I think that you should just install it in its own folder off of the C drive and then just try playing it before you do anything else. Some people don't seem to have a problem running it, and some people do...(I did, have a couple of problems...but nothing too big)

I have Vista64, 4 gigs of RAM, and a Pentium duo core chip...oh, and a iNvidiot GPU card. :rolleyes:

You have quite a big system proton :lol:, I run PF on a 64mb video card with 512mb of RAM and I still can't believe I can still run it with the graphics on excellent!

I admit that I gave up trying to get my old version to work on Vista then saw a reissue compatible on Vista for sale at £3, gave it a go and its fine.

You have quite a big system proton :lol:, I run PF on a 64mb video card with 512mb of RAM and I still can't believe I can still run it with the graphics on excellent!

Thanks, but it could be "bigger" (lol)... I just put the thing together a few months ago. Its really just a "budget gamer". I bought it "piece by piece" til i had all the essential components I needed, then I reused the case, power, disc drive (til i could afford to replace). Next I want a bigger LCD. :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back